• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yea or nay to these Martegani shoes?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yea...
smile.gif

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a man with two penises says to his tailor when he asks he if dresses to the right or the left.

Yes

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're on my wish list, so my vote is "yea".

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Nice. Martegani is perhaps one of my next pairs (I like a few of them)

Yes on this pair as I was eyeing it too.
nod[1].gif

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, is a beautiful shoe!
sly.gif

In response to a PM on availability, these can be found or ordered at:

Franco's in Richmond and on-line, of course
Dino Baldini on Madison in NYC (end September)
Pelle Line in Paramus and Livingston
Kian Matthew in Englewood, NJ
Southampton Blazer & Button in Garden City
Sherman Bros. in Philly (Rosemont end Sept)
Uomo & Nella in Philly
Gianmarco in Bmore
San Marko in Yonkers, NY
TMB in Lancaster
Nicollo in DC (Sept)
Lorenzini in DC(Sept)
Sky Valet in DC (working toward next season, but they are friends if you like to work with them...they can get)
Zoreh in NYC
Elite Clothier in Chesapeake, VA
Leon Sugars in Fayetteville, NC (Sept)
Levy's in Rocky Mount
Stephen Tuttle's in Winston-Salem
Lile's in Raleigh (Sept)
Paul Simon in Charlotte (Morrecroft)
Berlin's in Charleston
Granger-Owings in Columbia, SC
Cathers & Coyne in Providence and Newport, RI
Romualdo in Cinn.
Bruce Baird in Chattanooga
Parkway in Ok. City
SJ Haggard in Ok. City
Harley's in Tyler, TX
Jim Pierce/Harolds in Houston
Daskolos in Walnut Creek (not finalized yet....anyone in the area, please stop by and tell them to carry the line! I'll owe ya one....)

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so much for exclusivity!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ron,

Pelle in Paramus was mostly carrying 'gators when I dropped by. The guy there said they could order me any of your models, but when he showed me the catalog, it did not have the models that I was looking for (on Franco's site). Also, there was no Martegani area in the store, when I asked the guy where the Martegani's were, he told me that they were all over the store (window, table, floor) so I had to search and find the Martegani's amongst a lot of other shoes. It would be nice to see some of the wholecuts or monks in person. The guy was nice enough but had this been my only exposure to Martegani, I doubt that I would be buying a pair.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Martegani wholecuts from Ron Rider that are awesome! I do prefer that style to the one you showed, but that's just a matter of taste. If you like them, then go for it.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will all those stores be able to handle special orders?
Well, we have a large quantity of styles 'in stock' for the US, but Specials are still done. It's not the main focus of our work, however. Certain stores have the staff/knowledge/interest to do it well, others have made a mess of it. Usually after I do a Trunk Show at a particular shop they understand it well and can accurately do make-ups. I have a show scheduled at Pelle Line Oct 20 and 21 (an ad mistakenly went in the NY Post or Times yesterday...I sent samples that they can use for customers who come in this weekend, but the real date is in Oct) and that should be alot of fun...and they will be able to handle everything after that. Also, our first formal catalogue of stock shoes is being produced this season and should be available in October sometime.

Ron,

Pelle in Paramus was mostly carrying 'gators when I dropped by. The guy there said they could order me any of your models, but when he showed me the catalog, it did not have the models that I was looking for (on Franco's site). Also, there was no Martegani area in the store, when I asked the guy where the Martegani's were, he told me that they were all over the store (window, table, floor) so I had to search and find the Martegani's amongst a lot of other shoes. It would be nice to see some of the wholecuts or monks in person. The guy was nice enough but had this been my only exposure to Martegani, I doubt that I would be buying a pair.
As you know, after visiting them, Pelle Line specializes in exotic shoes and accessories. We have a long experience in private label exotic manufacturing and many come to us for this purpose. We continue to make exotic shoes for quite a few brands....many of the names are mentioned on these boards everyday. While this is nice, our first priority is to establish (or re-establish, depending on what you know of the factory/brand) the classic and fashion production of our factory. We feel that we offer a very high quality for the investment, in a tremendous amount of patterns/leathers/lasts. We only make one quality level (in classic shoes...we have seen a big re-birth in the low-vamp business and these patterns require thinner, softer materials and soles) and we are one of the few who insist on keeping the entire work inside of, not only Italy, but inside of the town of Guissano. We still have much of our hand-stitching done by 'home stitchers' that have worked for us for many years.

As for an area of the store, they go back-and-forth on how they display things...they do have a sign being made for the wall, and a large increase in pairs on-order for next year so they should have a seperate area going forward, but those things are out of my control. Most shops I am in do not set aside area's for specific brands like the department stores do.

For a view of EVERYTHING, stop by the show in October and meet me!

It's a nice shoe. I have several pairs and I've found them to be a quality shoe.
Thanks! BTW, we still have that ostrich pattern you pictured not long ago! Tuttle carries same pattern (different material) in NC...

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same pair Ron sold me, in a lighter color. One of my favorites pairs. Highly recommend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads