• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yay or nay on this Borrelli suit

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like those buttonholes but I find them to "perfect", I prefer a bit more rustic like below:
P1010652.jpg

I just don't like the fabric, I don't get those stripes. The suit is neither "classic" nor "funky", it's in some weird inbetween place.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I agree that one is too expensive but it is not pre-owned. It has tags and pants are not altered.

You're right. I presumed because of the finished working cuffs it had been pre-worn. It must have been ordered and never picked up.

That is a risk. Working around surgeons cuffs can be tricky when it comes to alterations.

I've bought from Shop_Kanvas a few times, and always had a good experience.
I still think its too much at the $1699 price. Perhaps make an offer around $1200 which would put it in the ballpark.

I have several borrelli suits and find them to be very nicely finished. This one looks like a beauty. If its the right size on the sleeves go for it - but you must promise to post a picture in WAYWT so we can all see how it turns out.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, I would only buy it if there is return option.
Also, I think the suit is more than likely a MTM suit made for someone (ie the working buttonholes already done). So this is not a standard OTR Borrelli suit. So can't assume this suit will fit the same as an OTR borrelli suit with the same tagged size. So there is more risk the suit won't fit than it will.

rogerm

Reaction score
I too think the price is a little high. I still have a 42R Borrelli suit I've been trying to sell for $1300 and no one wants it at that price.

The ebay seller Kanvas is pretty good. Their prices are high but they processed my returns without any problems.

Make sure you know how a Borrelli fits you. Their measurements are always off (from my experience with them).

-R

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit but price is a little high. If it's in excellent/good condition and you're going to get a lot of enjoyment and use out of it, that probably trumps the price...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics