• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yay or Nay - Loud shoes

vanity

Reaction score
I got these for $32 off StandardStyle. I think they're a bit loud but I wore 'em to get my hair done and my stylist really liked them.

for 32 bucks, it's pretty to hard to justify NOT buying them, IMO. Your thoughts?

adid_macc_orinsheorglcy.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brightly colored sneakers are fine for casual wear. Probably better if the rest of your outfit isn't crazy loud, but yeah, they'll draw attention so if thats good then you're gtg.

mattjames

Reaction score
IMO adding colours or patterns to your feet that you wouldn't normally wear on your clothing is acceptable. It can add a slice of interest to an outfit.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
I got these for $32 off StandardStyle. I think they're a bit loud but I wore 'em to get my hair done and my stylist really liked them.

for 32 bucks, it's pretty to hard to justify NOT buying them, IMO. Your thoughts?

adid_macc_orinsheorglcy.jpg

You wore them to get your hair "done"? You metrosexual.
crackup[1].gif

Actually, those are kinda cool, and I'm not really big on anything bright.

Mblova

Reaction score
Very nice shoes for the price. I like them.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not bad, I had a pair of blood red Sambas that I liked a lot with jeans. Unfortunately a crackhead stole them along with the rest of the stuff in my backpack. If I find another pair for cheap (they were like $13 at Plato's Closet) I will get them.

Max

Reaction score
Not so hot on orange, but most definitely into interesting shoes. As they say, shoes and hair are the 2 most important parts of any outfit.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Not bad, I had a pair of blood red Sambas that I liked a lot with jeans. Unfortunately a crackhead stole them along with the rest of the stuff in my backpack. If I find another pair for cheap (they were like $13 at Plato's Closet) I will get them.

I had those in seventh grade. I haven't seen them since. Fun sneakers.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
I like the look of adidas shoes, the 3 stripes just fits with the design and doesn't look obviously like a brand mark.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads