• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spotted this pair at http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/footwear.html and my initial guess was Carmina, built on the rain last however after a little research, they appear to be made by Yanko, the 3rd of the once larger Carmina, Meermin, Yanko family shoe company.

a little more info from the carson clothes webpage:

http://carsonst.nextmp.net/theblock/introducing-yanko-for-carson-street-clothiers/

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spotted this pair at http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/footwear.html and my initial guess was Carmina, built on the rain last however after a little research, they appear to be made by Yanko, the 3rd of the once larger Carmina, Meermin, Yanko family shoe company.

a little more info from the carson clothes webpage:

http://carsonst.nextmp.net/theblock/introducing-yanko-for-carson-street-clothiers/
Looks pretty good.

Namor any idea as to whether we are talking closer to Carmina nice, or Meermin decent.

Oops, disregard.

I was writing just as you were posting your second statement.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think its a great price. Quality appears to resemble Meermin Linea Maestro

Last edited:

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I would hope not, the original asking price is closer to Carmina's domain.

Nobody's perfect, but Meermin has been striking out lately in the SF thread here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would hope not, the original asking price is closer to Carmina's domain.  

Nobody's perfect, but Meermin has been striking out lately in the SF thread here.

so youre suggesting Yanko might be a little more Carmina and less Meermin? This should make for some interesting skirmish at the Albadeljo thanksgiving table

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I wouldn't presume anything, until people start handling the product.

Any volunteers? (Looking at you NAMOR!)

Though I am interested in the dynamic between the three Carmina, Meermin, Yanko and their history, anybody care to point me towards some literature?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check the links in the OP for info

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Assuming you haven't already

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wouldn't presume anything, until people start handling the product.

Any volunteers? (Looking at you NAMOR!)

Though I am interested in the dynamic between the three Carmina, Meermin, Yanko and their history, anybody care to point me towards some literature?

From the pics ive seen, and the few things read, I'm confident the shoes are the best $275 on the market right now.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I scrolled past the bottom link.

Might be more red-headed stepchild or adopted cousin than family in your analogy. The Albaladejo name has no involvement in Yanko in that description.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
their is a strong family resemblence - shoes look like Carmina

emptym

Reaction score
Sky Valet used to carry these. I think I handled them there, and they were about AE/Loake quality, iirc. Of course, they could be made completely differently now.

Last edited:

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no relationship, or connection, to Carmina at all. Except that the factory is in Mallorca. CSC actually jumped in early, but I am bring the line to market this Fall. Last year my wife and I were visiting the Tarrago factory in Barcelona, working, and the owner said we need to take a flight over to Mallorca (we supply everyone in Spain with the finishing products in the factories) as he wanted to introduce me to Toni, the new young owner, and show me around. The only thing I remembered was some clumsy shoes of moderate quality that were around the States when I was buying at Franco's, but a trip to Mallorca sounded good so we went the next day. I was really, really impressed. There is a long history, which I will not get into nor do I necessarily understand, between the makers there, but this man Toni was very sincere, earnest and the samples and shoes in production were really, really, nice. Turns out that the trade in the Barcelona shops, when we returned and spent a few days shopping, had turned in his direction. I was pleased that they asked us to re-introduce them to the market here, and we are starting soon (we start showing retailers at the Show's the next 2 months).

Anyway, the range is solidly classic, 3 main lasts (one anglo, one updated 'chisel toe' and one 'fashion',,,which I don't get so probably won't be here), the upper leathers are all Annonay and du Puy...suedes from Stead, I believe, and the work is all Goodyear Welt. The finishing was all done on the wheels, no spraying, and the outsoles are some of the best I've seen. Price comes on-line at around $550 and, my own opinion here, they are putting out a product that is superior to most of the UK shoes priced higher.....Yanko is not as boardy and the finishing is better.

We'll see what happens - it takes a year, usually, to develop some distribution for a brand and Spring isn't exactly the ideal time to launch Goodyear Welts, so it may be Fall of next year before there is a broad selection here, but I am putting my name and door knocking efforts behind them, as well as stocking a selection of shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads