• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mys7ix

Reaction score
Is the Yanko 919 last a retailer specific last?

I just ordered a pair of Yanko Navy suede tassel loafers from El Cortes at a ridiculous price and according to Patine, that’s a 919.

Understand the loafers are either in 915 or 955.

blekit

Reaction score
Starting sixth year together.

The Heat

Reaction score
Have had these for a few months now, really pleased with the quality. In addition to these, I own AE, Meermin, and Loake 1880, and these Yanko are the clear winners. Shame that they seem to be falling out of favor at the retailers.
I got these from Skolyx. What a great team/retailer. They put up with my excessive sizing questions and were a breeze to work with. Very happy in all regards.

Attachments

• Shoes.jpg
    Shoes.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 699

Emil S

Reaction score
Have had these for a few months now, really pleased with the quality. In addition to these, I own AE, Meermin, and Loake 1880, and these Yanko are the clear winners. Shame that they seem to be falling out of favor at the retailers.
I got these from Skolyx. What a great team/retailer. They put up with my excessive sizing questions and were a breeze to work with. Very happy in all regards.

Looks great, happy to hear you like them and are happy with the service we offer!

amiga505

Reaction score
do Yanko offer lasted shoe-trees? I have recently bought a pair of black oxfords on 962 last, breaking them in now, and looking for shoe-trees. neither Skolyx nor Patine seem to have them.

Emil S

Reaction score
do Yanko offer lasted shoe-trees? I have recently bought a pair of black oxfords on 962 last, breaking them in now, and looking for shoe-trees. neither Skolyx nor Patine seem to have them.
Not right now, our split toe ones works great with 962 though.

Emil S

Reaction score
link please? also, what will be sizing guidelines?

size down 0,5-1 size. For example for uk7,5 and uk8 choose size eu41 on the Shoe trees. For 8,5 and 9 size 42 and so on.

code54

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am planning to get some new Yanko chelsea boots, but am still concerned about the sizing. The following two shoes fit me comfortably:

Carlos Sanots Jumper Boots - 234 F - UK 7.5
Meermin Oxfords - Hiro (F) - UK 8

My feet measure as follows (largest width and length taken):
length - 272mm
girth - 263mm (standing) / 248mm (feet in air)

It is suggested to size down by 0.5 from the Hiro last, so that would make a UK 7.5.
I am considering the 915 F and 961 G last, but am still not sure which one to choose as my right foot suffers from halux valgus and too tight shoes cause severe pain after less than an hour walking.
Any suggestions are welcome :)

Cheers!

amiga505

Reaction score

size down 0,5-1 size. For example for uk7,5 and uk8 choose size eu41 on the Shoe trees. For 8,5 and 9 size 42 and so on.

just to report that the trees fit perfectly, thanks for the tip.

Emil S

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am planning to get some new Yanko chelsea boots, but am still concerned about the sizing. The following two shoes fit me comfortably:

Carlos Sanots Jumper Boots - 234 F - UK 7.5
Meermin Oxfords - Hiro (F) - UK 8

My feet measure as follows (largest width and length taken):
length - 272mm
girth - 263mm (standing) / 248mm (feet in air)

It is suggested to size down by 0.5 from the Hiro last, so that would make a UK 7.5.
I am considering the 915 F and 961 G last, but am still not sure which one to choose as my right foot suffers from halux valgus and too tight shoes cause severe pain after less than an hour walking.
Any suggestions are welcome :)

Cheers!

Hi! Would recomend 915, its a bit roomier than 961 in the front since 961 is more chisseled. And definitely size down from Hiro :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics