• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jamie411

Reaction score
Did you give the suede a brushing? That might help with any nap/texture issues you’re having. I have Yanko suede shoes and loafers and no issues with the nap. The suede is nice and soft.

mykoh

Reaction score
So just received a pair of penny loafers in the 955 last, and I sized down half from my usual UK6 (I have a pair of austerity brogues) and the heel slip is still pretty bad.

Here's a photo of the gap witb my foot pushed up to the front:
IMG_20181012_114121.jpg

Should I size down more? Or should I just attach a heel grip? Its about a half a finger's width at the back.

Oh and I got them from @Skolyx and I'm really happy, they ship things out super quick!

Last edited:

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
So just received a pair of penny loafers in the 955 last, and I sized down half from my usual UK6 (I have a pair of austerity brogues) and the heel slip is still pretty bad.

View attachment 1051460

Should I size down more? Or should I just attach a heel grip? Its about a half a finger's width at the back.

Oh and I got them from @Skolyx and I'm really happy, they ship things out super quick!
Do you have low insteps? Heel slippery is better solved by tongue pad than heel grips

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score

View attachment 1051460

I know your feeling; loafers are very tought to get the right measurement; and even more when suede comes, I would personally recommend you to feel a little pressure on your feet, neither pain or loose on the heel when walking, note that suede always streches a lot

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
I have some pair of Yankos and I was wondering if anyone know where they have their factory, I assume that they are a Spanish brand since 1890 but I do not spotted any statement whether the factory is in Spain, Europe or Overseas. Thanks in advance I was just curious

stylish_raven

Reaction score

View attachment 1051460

That seems like a whole size difference; try half or maybe even a size down

Emil S

Reaction score
I have some pair of Yankos and I was wondering if anyone know where they have their factory, I assume that they are a Spanish brand since 1890 but I do not spotted any statement whether the factory is in Spain, Europe or Overseas. Thanks in advance I was just curious

Its in Spain, Mallorca, Inca.

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
To this day, I still haven't purchased a pair of Yanko. I was wavering between Skolyx and Patine last year. The Black Friday sales make it very attractive, though my wallet keeps complaining about losing "e-weight".

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
I saw that, but you know what...bad timing. I already purchased a pair of Patine's own branded boots! Incredible value, although a bit upset i missed out on the 25% discount. Oh well, still had to go over the threshold for free shipping anyways!

Christian GV.

Reaction score
I went directly to Yanko's factory in Inca and was fortunate to meet the logistics manager Francesco and the factory employees there. I can't believe how nice they were throughout the whole visit. Amazing hospitality.

Picked up 3 pairs:
Black swept-back single monk on 962 last, size UK 6
Testa de moro balmoral oxford on 915 last, size UK 6.5 - factory 2nds
Crust leather adelaide oxford on 915 last, size UK 6.5 - factory 2nds

Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 50 30.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 51 34.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 52 35.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 54 49.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 13 06 55.jpg Bilde 06.11.2018, 11 58 06.jpg

Bilde 06.11.2018, 11 57 31.jpg Bilde 06.11.2018, 11 58 52.jpg

PS. I never knew "Yanko" is Polish for the Spanish name Juan. Thanks to Francesco for clarifying that!

Last edited:

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will like to know how wide is Yanko's 961 "G" last compared to 915 "F", Loake 026 or Loake Capital.
From the photos, 961 seems that the chisel is less pronounced than with the 915, is it like this?

Patine recommends me to downsize from 6,5 to 6 UK, that I feel is correct but I don't know about their widths, as I have quite slim feet.

zanci

Reaction score
Whats the pricing in the factory yanko shop?

For 1st and 2nds?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no specific tactic involved :) we just wanted to offer a little bit different styles and not just have 5 Chelseas in different leathers on the same last.
Can you elaborate about the differences in terms of fit between the 915 and 961 lasts?

I understand that the latter is somehow wider as it is a "G" fit but the instep is a bit lower. Am I correct? Even though from a esthetic point of view they look to have a more subtle chisel "slope" than the 915, I haven't found information about this last "on feet".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads