• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jasper85

Reaction score
First outside wear of these great Yanko black Chelsea boots on 915 last.
CD2ACE22-6E78-493C-AAE4-92A415805862.jpeg

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Ordered these boots some days ago from Patine - slightly roomier in 11.5 as I wanted to put some proper insoles in them - temperatures are below - 10 Centigrades and have been for a while. My first Yankos (chukkas on the 790 last and the suede chelsea boots on the 961 last) and they look great. With rubber soles they are perfect for our winter weather and the roomier last should allow for thick socks:oops: There were some delays due to covid-19, but both pairs arrived with a number of soles and a few other goodies. Pleased with Patine and really looking forward to getting to know Yanko.

1612897460447.png
1612897402350.png

thedose

Reaction score
View attachment 1436278

Cross post from the Skolyx thread, since it's not every day it's world premiere for a new range from Yanko :) :
They're here! The Belgian loafers from Yanko, the perfect summer shoes, fits like a glove to your feet. Four styles in unlined reverse kudu suede from British tannery Charles F. Stead, one in soft lined super supple deerskin. ⁠⠀
⁠⠀
As mentioned before, these are made with a Blake stitched construction and can be resoled, they have a thin half rubber sole which makes them much more durable, and they have proper leather board heel stiffener and thin toe stiffener to retain the shape. You have all the comfort of the unlined Belgian loafer model, yet with properties that give them durability.⁠⠀
⁠⠀
Price €179 ($159 excl. VAT). Limited stock (a few sizes already sold out during pre-order).

Here you find all Belgian loafers models, below a bunch of pictures of the goodies.

View attachment 1436279

View attachment 1436280

View attachment 1436281

View attachment 1436282

View attachment 1436283

Jesper,

Can you help me determine what size I would wear in the belgian loafers?

My feet are 25cm length -- The Skolyx website size guide differs from the Yanko website size guide, so i'm not sure...

Thanks!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesper,

Can you help me determine what size I would wear in the belgian loafers?

My feet are 25cm length -- The Skolyx website size guide differs from the Yanko website size guide, so i'm not sure...

Thanks!

None of those guides are for the Belgians, as described most go one full size up compared to true to size welted shoes. Send a mail to the retailer for more personal guidance.

drgentle

Reaction score
Has anyone got the 960G last work with very wide feet?

My feet length is 27.2 cm, width is 11.2 cm and circumference is 27.5 cm (my feet are pretty symmetrical) with average instep.

From what I gather, the recommended size for my feet length is UK7.5. I've actually tried on UK8 so I've already sized up. However, my little toe is still squished. I can never tell whether the shoe is too narrow or not long enough. I'm considering ordering UK8.5 (though I already feel stupid about sending back so many pairs). Anyone tried this?

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
Has anyone got the 960G last work with very wide feet?

My feet length is 27.2 cm, width is 11.2 cm and circumference is 27.5 cm (my feet are pretty symmetrical) with average instep.

From what I gather, the recommended size for my feet length is UK7.5. I've actually tried on UK8 so I've already sized up. However, my little toe is still squished. I can never tell whether the shoe is too narrow or not long enough. I'm considering ordering UK8.5 (though I already feel stupid about sending back so many pairs). Anyone tried this?
I think you should have to check other shoes or wider widths. If you're interested in patine shoes check their H width, which should be widest.
Going up a size, will make your feet just too roomy and you will get other problems.
I am approx 27,6-27,8 length and width 10.9 approximately and I can't fit into regular widths. I take about Uk 9 in most shoes right now. Could squeeze to some uk 8.5 but usually widths a problem.
Even medium-wide is too troublesome (FX).

drgentle

Reaction score
I think you should have to check other shoes or wider widths. If you're interested in patine shoes check their H width, which should be widest.
Going up a size, will make your feet just too roomy and you will get other problems.
I am approx 27,6-27,8 length and width 10.9 approximately and I can't fit into regular widths. I take about Uk 9 in most shoes right now. Could squeeze to some uk 8.5 but usually widths a problem.
Even medium-wide is too troublesome (FX).

Thanks for replying. If you wear UK9 then I should be fine with UK8.5, right? Haha.

I’ve tried Patine H. I really don’t think they’re that much wider than 960G. They do have more volume in the toebox but all it does for me is lead to unsightly creasing because of excess space above the toes while still being tight around my pinky.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. If you wear UK9 then I should be fine with UK8.5, right? Haha.

I’ve tried Patine H. I really don’t think they’re that much wider than 960G. They do have more volume in the toebox but all it does for me is lead to unsightly creasing because of excess space above the toes while still being tight around my pinky.
I'm not sure, I think it depends a lot on your instep.

Check this video clip to get a better understanding of a shoe fit.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Hi, is this pair of Yankos using their Dark Brown Suede?
The colour was stated as "Softy Testa Moro" which is more grey than chestnut, but unsure whether they would qualify as cold grey, maybe more warm grey, i.e. more brown than grey. But I would say that they are slightly more grey than they appear in the pictures. Hope this helps!

Mirage-

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the cordovan service boot and can maybe share pictures? I'm very tempted, but 500€+ is hard to stomach for me. Also a bit undecided as I generally prefer cap-toed boots.

BlairW

Reaction score
Bought a pair of the Belgian loafers in size 44. They were too small. Reordered in 44.5 - box arrived with label stating 44.5 but the shoe itself had 44 stamped in the sole. They felt identical to the 44 in that they were too small. I messaged Skloyx advising the wrong shoe was in the box and their response was that the shoe size is correct and that they don't stamp half sizes on the sole? Can anybody confirm if this is the case? Seems quite strange to me, and of course I had already sent the previous pair back so can't compare the two..

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of the Belgian loafers in size 44. They were too small. Reordered in 44.5 - box arrived with label stating 44.5 but the shoe itself had 44 stamped in the sole. They felt identical to the 44 in that they were too small. I messaged Skloyx advising the wrong shoe was in the box and their response was that the shoe size is correct and that they don't stamp half sizes on the sole? Can anybody confirm if this is the case? Seems quite strange to me, and of course I had already sent the previous pair back so can't compare the two..

It's correct. The half rubber soles are stamped by the sole manufacturer, and only available in full sizes.

oksir83

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience w/ the Yanko opera pumps? The price is certainly attractive compared to the Carmina.

ZoMarCro

Reaction score
Size advice neaded:
I bought Yanko Chukka boots dark brown suede size 9 and they are too tight, my toes are squashed in, especially left foot, which is longer.

My feet dimensions:
Left:
Lenght 27,8cm
Width 10.7
Toe joint measurement 26. 7cm
Instep 27cm

Right
Lenght 26.7cm
Widts 10.7
Toe joint measurment 27cm
Instep 27cm

I am thinking weather 9.5 is enough or to get 10.

I have two pairs derbys "ZEB Shoes" size 43.5 in Portofino sharp chiseld last and 44 in some almond last (which are little bit tight in toe area) .

Attachments

• IMG-20210227-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20210227-WA0007.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 77

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics