• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Last 960G, sizing advise? Seems that it's quite wide, right?

I would have thought so too. I purchased the boots on the previous page that I had a question about with that last. I‘m a US D/M width pretty much across the board. Figured with this G width, I could have the room for thicker socks in winter perhaps. Upon receiving them, they fit narrower than anticipate, and I think I’ll be relegated to dress socks or just slightly thicker.this last definitely wasn’t as wide as I thought it would be

Emil S

Reaction score
Last 960G, sizing advise? Seems that it's quite wide, right?
Its actually not that big of a difference. Personally I have quite narrow and typical F (on the narrower side) and 960 still fits great since it has so good arch support etc. However the extra width can do big difference for people with wide feet since it will give them a couple of extra mm space :)

prospero1b

Reaction score
Their website doesn’t appear to be responding. Are they still in business?

Emil S

Reaction score
Their website doesn’t appear to be responding. Are they still in business?
Website works just fine here and they are still in business, latest mto batch arrived 2 days ago and restock of stock shoes as well :)

Kivi D

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if this was acceptable creasing? All my other pairs of shoes don't pinch like you see in the pictures below. Having said that, it's not actually pinching my toe as the toe box is generous.This is my first time encountering this, so I wanted to get an opinion.

image0.jpeg
IMG_6820.JPG

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if this was acceptable creasing? All my other pairs of shoes don't pinch like you see in the pictures below. Having said that, it's not actually pinching my toe as the toe box is generous.This is my first time encountering this, so I wanted to get an opinion.

View attachment 1407181 View attachment 1407182

i don’t think the issue is with the creases it that your foot lacks volume there?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is normal. The last isn't the perfect fit for your foot so it creases like this.

Emil S

Reaction score
What they said. The shoe has more volume than your feet.
You can try to add a thin insole and tounge pad (hard to say for sure based on the pics but looks like the lacing is almost fully closed) to alter the fit a bit and make them less roomy. This is of course if You feel it might be possible to downsize 1/4 size or similar.

shoesforever

Reaction score
My two cents on Yanko:

I have a pair of suede balmoral boots, which I ordered from Skolyx via their MTO program.
Last year I thought about selling them, since I mostly wear them in snowy or rainy conditions and I have a lot of shoes.
Then I decided not to sell them, since I like them too much. It is true that the suede feels thinner than on a lot of other brands I have, but it has held up really well. I've often seen the argument of thin leather vs thicker leather in reviews as a sign of quality and I can't say I find this to be true. Just like the fact that a shoe can either feel lighter or heavier. Sure the heavier shoe will feel better, but it is more a psychological thing than the truth. A bespoke shoe can for example feel really light, which can surprise a lot of people. As for the heel stiffener. I have a sensitive heel and I've found harder celastic stiffeners like in Loakes or Meermin to be harder to break in. I had no trouble breaking in the heel of my Yankos, which is a plus,considering the price.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I'll give inserts a try in an effort to mitigate some of the creasing caused by the lack of volume. I just hope the cap doesn't start creasing.

ezev

Reaction score
A GMTO from a while ago but haven’t worn these as much lately. not sure if the pants work with this color but I’m going with it.
F9852F1D-ED19-4DA8-A8BD-D987215BA1F2.jpeg

Harsiem

Reaction score
Hi all - I measured me feet like the below photo and have a width of 29cm and length of 31cm. What size would be a good fit for the 960 last?

Thinking of getting my first pair of boots, having been a shoe guy until now :)

74D2014A-7ACA-46A9-A7B4-FE169EFFFFCE.png

blekit

Reaction score
This pair is with me since January 2016. I think they have many more years ahead as part of regular rotation.
shoes_01_edited.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads