1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10 : Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is one of three sets of of Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

Did you give the suede a brushing? That might help with any nap/texture issues you’re having. I have Yanko suede shoes and loafers and no issues with the nap. The suede is nice and soft.

2. mykoh

mykoh Senior Member

So just received a pair of penny loafers in the 955 last, and I sized down half from my usual UK6 (I have a pair of austerity brogues) and the heel slip is still pretty bad.

Here's a photo of the gap witb my foot pushed up to the front:
    IMG_20181012_114121.jpg

Should I size down more? Or should I just attach a heel grip? Its about a half a finger's width at the back.

Oh and I got them from @Skolyx and I'm really happy, they ship things out super quick!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018

3. NoNameNecessary

NoNameNecessary Senior Member

Do you have low insteps? Heel slippery is better solved by tongue pad than heel grips

4. Taverner.cohen

Taverner.cohen Senior Member

I know your feeling; loafers are very tought to get the right measurement; and even more when suede comes, I would personally recommend you to feel a little pressure on your feet, neither pain or loose on the heel when walking, note that suede always streches a lot

5. Taverner.cohen

Taverner.cohen Senior Member

I have some pair of Yankos and I was wondering if anyone know where they have their factory, I assume that they are a Spanish brand since 1890 but I do not spotted any statement whether the factory is in Spain, Europe or Overseas. Thanks in advance I was just curious

6. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Senior Member

That seems like a whole size difference; try half or maybe even a size down

7. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Its in Spain, Mallorca, Inca.

8. SchachMundialECapital

SchachMundialECapital Well-Known Member

To this day, I still haven't purchased a pair of Yanko. I was wavering between Skolyx and Patine last year. The Black Friday sales make it very attractive, though my wallet keeps complaining about losing "e-weight".

9. Nemesis_4

Nemesis_4 Senior Member

Do it. Patine is running 25% off now.

10. SchachMundialECapital

SchachMundialECapital Well-Known Member

I saw that, but you know what...bad timing. I already purchased a pair of Patine's own branded boots! Incredible value, although a bit upset i missed out on the 25% discount. Oh well, still had to go over the threshold for free shipping anyways!

11. Christian GV.

Christian GV. Member

I went directly to Yanko's factory in Inca and was fortunate to meet the logistics manager Francesco and the factory employees there. I can't believe how nice they were throughout the whole visit. Amazing hospitality.

Picked up 3 pairs:
    Black swept-back single monk on 962 last, size UK 6
    Testa de moro balmoral oxford on 915 last, size UK 6.5 - factory 2nds
    Crust leather adelaide oxford on 915 last, size UK 6.5 - factory 2nds

Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 50 30.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 51 34.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 52 35.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 12 54 49.jpg Bilde 05.11.2018, 13 06 55.jpg Bilde 06.11.2018, 11 58 06.jpg

Bilde 06.11.2018, 11 57 31.jpg Bilde 06.11.2018, 11 58 52.jpg

PS. I never knew "Yanko" is Polish for the Spanish name Juan. Thanks to Francesco for clarifying that!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018