1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Wich prices are you reffering to? Because usually its only a few $/€ differences?

2. learningdandy

learningdandy Member

3. Skolyx

4. learningdandy

learningdandy Member

okay i think their site has some glitch because it's only at the check out page at which the price showed correctly. Thanks!

Can i ask what's the size difference between the 939 and 955 lasts for suede loafers? I got my 939 uk 6 through a local tailor and doesnt know which size to get for 955 and 915 lasts.

5. Skolyx

955 is G-width and slightly wider than 915. Personally i have quite narrow feet so i choose same size in both since the length doesnt allow me to size down in 955. If you have wide feet some customers size down in 955 because of the width, but our general rekommendation is to go for the same size.

6. moimael

moimael Member

Has anyone been able to compare 915 and 955 last from yanko ? The 955 doesn't work for me because the heel is way too large (I don't event need a shoe horn to put them on and my feet are lifting all the way out when walking...), it also seems slightly too long and I get gap in the vamp area. Toebox width is fine though. Would I have the same problem with the 915 ?

7. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

did you happen to read the previous post?
    FWIW, I had to size down for the 955. I am a US 8.5D and UK 7.5 medium width (F in UK shoes, EE in Carmina for example) but had to size down to UK 7 in the Yanko 955 last as well as the 961 last. No experience with the 915, though.

8. moimael

moimael Member

Yeah i did read it but what concerns me the most is the heel width and there is not much information about that. It just says that 955 is slightly wider. I'd need a much narrower heel for it to fit. The toebox is probably fine if slightly narrower.

9. Skolyx

I have several pairs in 915 and 2 loafers in 955, the main difference is the width in the middle of the shoe, the heel is also a little bit more wide on 955 but even if I have narrow feet and heels both shoes fit really well, but the 915 fits a bit better since its more wide over all I would say and that you can tighten the shoe a bit more since it has laces compared to the loafers without. Just let us know if you have further questions :)

10. learningdandy

learningdandy Member

I have just received my 955 loafers from skolyx. But i realised the nap is shorter than the other yanko loafer i have. Is this normal?

11. SchachMundialECapital

SchachMundialECapital Well-Known Member

Since each hide is unique, I wouldn't worry too much about nap length, but rather the texture of the suede. From my experience, Yanko's suede is truly top class.

12. learningdandy

learningdandy Member

Oooh thanks for the reply! How dyou tell from the texture?

13. SchachMundialECapital

SchachMundialECapital Well-Known Member

Does it look/feel nice when you touch it? That's pretty much all you need. If you happen to have pictures, those might help. Other members can also chime in and see if there are any defects with your Yanko loafers.

14. learningdandy

learningdandy Member

I think it's not as smooth as I expected. it feels starkly different from my previous pair. But then again, I dk what to expect so i decided to let it slide. However, after a day of walking in the show, I realised a defect in the sole which could not have happen from just a day of being in lessons.

Can others tell me whether this will affect the construction? It looks minor now but I'm scared it will worsen. Since I wore it I cant really return to skolyx already :( looks like I'm stuck with a lemon haiz. Hopefully it doesnt worsen

shoe defect.JPG

15. AWu

AWu Well-Known Member

Construction-wise it should be fine.. the suede looks not appealing tho