• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trolan75

Reaction score
Advice me please about size of chelseas on 961 last. My usual size is 8,5F at Loake, Cheaney, Trickers

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Advice me please about size of chelseas on 961 last. My usual size is 8,5F at Loake, Cheaney, Trickers

I just received a pair of chelseas on the 961 last from Skolyx (great service, by the way). I wear UK7.5F on Loake Capital and 026F lasts, 7.5F on the Cheaney 175 last, and 7.5EE (standard width) in Carmina Rain. The Capital last fits a touch large on my feet but there is no heel slip, and I doubt that I could size down to UK7F on that last. I ordered the Yanko chelsea boots on 961 in UK7 (so 1/2 size down) and they fit perfectly.

trolan75

Reaction score
I just received a pair of chelseas on the 961 last from Skolyx (great service, by the way). I wear UK7.5F on Loake Capital and 026F lasts, 7.5F on the Cheaney 175 last, and 7.5EE (standard width) in Carmina Rain. The Capital last fits a touch large on my feet but there is no heel slip, and I doubt that I could size down to UK7F on that last. I ordered the Yanko chelsea boots on 961 in UK7 (so 1/2 size down) and they fit perfectly.
Loake Capital is not my last, too slim for me. I think I need UK8,5

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On top Santoni with 3 layers, below Meermin with also 3 layers on the buttom Yanko with apparently just 2 layers.

I am just curious whether there is a reason for this built? Santoni being obviously more expensive and Meermin cheaper, it does not seem to be just an economic choice.

I found one pair of doucals with two layers, all other have three. Checking pictures of other brands on the internet, (Carmina, Lobb, Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafe) they also had three layers.

View attachment 855408

View attachment 855409

View attachment 855410
Mirrorkisser, that finishing in the mouth of a shoe is just and edge treatment. There are no 3 layers of leather but just the upper and the lining (good makers use different reinforcements like Skolix mentioned).

Take a look.

Tipos de acabado en la boca y apertura Grafico.jpg

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean when it comes to fitting or when it comes to the estetics?
Personally I have UK9,5 in both 915, 962 and 961 but 915 fits me the best since I have quite narrow feet and 962 is a little bit generous in width compared to 915.
961 is the most chisseled last, 915 is something in between 961 and 962. 962 is more classical round while 960 is even more round in shape and has a higher volume in the toe area.
Ask away if I didnt manage to answer your question clearly!

How do you fit in the 955 last for the loafer?. Do you take a 9uk?. Thanks again.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yanko.jpg

Does anyone has seen this model (915) in mid brown suede?.

Emil S

Reaction score
How do you fit in the 955 last for the loafer?. Do you take a 9uk?. Thanks again.
I have same size in all Yanko lasts. There is s few % of the customers that size down in 955 since its in g-width Default. However personally i have quite narrow feet so due to the length Im not able to size down

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. What about the height of the instep in the 955?. Med-low?.

Emil S

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. What about the height of the instep in the 955?. Med-low?.
I would consider it quite average. Nothing extreme to either way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads