• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emil S

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, great customer service on your site. In this case a statement worthy of a politician ;)

I have those boots, got them from @patinePL and on their website it says calf Niger, so Niger just means brown apparently? https://patine.shoes/yanko-style-525yh-niger.html

I just want to make sure it's a similar quality leather.
Niger is reffering to the color. The leather is very good and just as good as the Yanko boxcalf. You have made a good purchase :)

Tim123

Reaction score
I've tried searching this thread for fit advice but I just can't seem to find a fit similar to me. I measure both 28cm in length and 28cm around the breadth of my feet. Pretty similar both sides. I'm interested in the 960 last, G fitting. My current best fitting shoe (although not perfect) is the Loake Capital last in a 10 UK. Thanks for any assistance.

Based on your length of your feet most customers choose UK9. Based on your Loake Reference I would go for UK10 though since they are quite similar and most customers choose same as in Loake.

Just to help others that might also have similar sized feet:

@patinePL emailed me about my order and suggested I go with a 9 UK. I double checked with with them, quoting my measurements and they still told me to go with the 9 UK. So I took that advice and told them to change my order, or so I thought. My boots came (lovely dark shade of burgundy) but were size 10 UK still! Which turned out to be good, because they fit really well.

My only dislikes are the laces (I've gone with new laces from elsewhere) and that the top of the boot shaft is quite wide (but that might just be me - I do have slim ankles going up to my calves). Otherwise, they seem great value for money.

Last edited:

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
@Skolyx which of your belts fits best to the cambridge niger leather? The dark brown belt? Is it made by Yanko aswell? Cheers

Emil S

Reaction score
@Skolyx which of your belts fits best to the cambridge niger leather? The dark brown belt? Is it made by Yanko aswell? Cheers
Its the dark brown, its not made by Yanko but the belt factory produces the finish on the belts with the dark brown yanko leather as reference.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
A little review on the yanko 962 last in cambridge Niger with a york sole, which i directly ordered from Yanko:

The ordering process was a little rocky, as they had just set up their new website. But the customer support was super polite and friendly. The shipping also went very fast and was for free, so i would order there again any time.

The shoes are very nice. Excellent built quality, very elegant round toe. I am not the biggest fan of a chiseled toe, just if its very slightly chiseled its ok for me, so this round toe box is perfect for me. The leather also feels excellent. I have another pair of yanko boots in a similar color which are made out of box calf instead of cambridge leather from tannerie d'annonay. Side by side the box calf seems slightly darker, but i like the cambridge leather just as much.

Compared to other brands, they are a lot better than meermin, doucal's or fratelli rosetti. They are slightly below my severals pairs of Santonis and don't have the excellent Santoni hand finish, but the Santoni cost double on a regular price. The difference to my Paolo Scafora is even a bit bigger, but they cost even more.

In total i think the Yankos are the best you can get for that money. Very good leather, very well built for a fair price that is not inflated by marketing campaigns. I can not compare them to Carlos Santos which are in the same price range. Carminas i just had in my hands in a shop and they seemed excellent aswell, but are closer to 400 Euros, which made me opt for Yanko instead.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
@Skolyx @patinePL
What I have noticed comparing the yankos to all other brands I posess: they are made of two leather layers instead of three like the other one's, so the leather seems a bit thinner. Is there a reason for that?

Emil S

Reaction score
@Skolyx @patinePL
What I have noticed comparing the yankos to all other brands I posess: they are made of two leather layers instead of three like the other one's, so the leather seems a bit thinner. Is there a reason for that?
There is no constructional differences afaik, but since you did not order this makeup from us its hard for us say what kind of makeup it is to 100%. I would advice you to ask where you purchased it so you can get an correct answer.

Emil S

Reaction score
@Skolyx
I know I bought them elsewhere.

I am referring to this model that's in your shop: https://www.skolyx.se/en/shoes/263-plain-cap-toe-oxford-dark-brown-with-york-sole.html

Does it have two or three leather layers? Thanks
Im not totally aware of how you mean, i would be happy to answer if i know the straight answer for you :) The Cambridge leather is a soft and fine leather, depending on what you compare with it might feel thinner of Course. I would recommend you to send pictures of it to Yanko of your other shoes as well as comparison to get a straight answer.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
@Skolyx I will try to specify for you :) and in this case I am only asking about the shoe you sell in the link above.

Every leather shoe has an outside shell and inner leather lining/shell. Many shoes I know have a third leather layer/shell between the outer and the leather inside the shoe.

So does the shoe you sell above have two or three layers?:)
Thank you

Emil S

Reaction score
@Skolyx I will try to specify for you :) and in this case I am only asking about the shoe you sell in the link above.

Every leather shoe has an outside shell and inner leather lining/shell. Many shoes I know have a third leather layer/shell between the outer and the leather inside the shoe.

So does the shoe you sell above have two or three layers?:)
Thank you
Like you say a shoe has the lining and the upper leather. Between these different brands use different materials wich can be leather, textile etc to make them Stronger. I guess this is what you are Talking about, and Im not exactly familiar with the current material between the 2 layers in this case.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He means this:

Screenshot_20171010-000021.png

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
On top Santoni with 3 layers, below Meermin with also 3 layers on the buttom Yanko with apparently just 2 layers.

I am just curious whether there is a reason for this built? Santoni being obviously more expensive and Meermin cheaper, it does not seem to be just an economic choice.

I found one pair of doucals with two layers, all other have three. Checking pictures of other brands on the internet, (Carmina, Lobb, Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafe) they also had three layers.

IMG_20171010_103543656.jpg

IMG_20171010_103727762.jpg

IMG_20171010_103636610.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads