• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emil S

Reaction score
The measurements of my feet are: Right 25.8 cm Left 26cm

Thanks!
40,5 would most customers choose based on your feets length. However compared to the other brands its more like 41. (7). But since its loafers i would Go for 6.5 any way. I would only Go for 7 if you prefer a loose fit.

zanci

Reaction score
Anyone has any experience with the yanko MTO cordovan ?

Where do they source the cordovan from? The italy tuscan tannery? I dont like their burgundy color if its the same one as meermin uses.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any experience with the yanko MTO cordovan ?

Where do they source the cordovan from? The italy tuscan tannery? I dont like their burgundy color if its the same one as meermin uses.

Argentina is what I'm told.

zanci

Reaction score
Dont really know now, patine says everything is from italy.

Skolyx from different providers...

Emil S

Reaction score
Dont really know now, patine says everything is from italy.

Skolyx from different providers...
If you are interested in Cordovan its best to contact us when you are interested and we will check the current stock of Cordovan. Since a lot of customers contact us and then wait a few months before they decide, it varies depending on the day of your order.
So for example if you want to order a pair of cordovan shoes tomorrow we can check the current stock and were its sourced, for example Horween, Italy, Argentina etc. But if you plan to order the shoes in 3 months or so it might be from another tannery. It all depends on were its possible to get the best cordovan at that current time.

Tim123

Reaction score
I've tried searching this thread for fit advice but I just can't seem to find a fit similar to me. I measure both 28cm in length and 28cm around the breadth of my feet. Pretty similar both sides. I'm interested in the 960 last, G fitting. My current best fitting shoe (although not perfect) is the Loake Capital last in a 10 UK. Thanks for any assistance.

Emil S

Reaction score
I've tried searching this thread for fit advice but I just can't seem to find a fit similar to me. I measure both 28cm in length and 28cm around the breadth of my feet. Pretty similar both sides. I'm interested in the 960 last, G fitting. My current best fitting shoe (although not perfect) is the Loake Capital last in a 10 UK. Thanks for any assistance.

Based on your length of your feet most customers choose UK9. Based on your Loake Reference I would go for UK10 though since they are quite similar and most customers choose same as in Loake.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered on yanko.com yet? I placed an order there, but on paypal i sent the money to some other spanish chain. Are they the same quality as patine and skolyx?

Emil S

Reaction score
@patinePL @Skolyx

are Yanko shoes made of boxcalf and if so, which one? I somewhere read something about french tannerys. Thank you for a reply.
Some are made of boxcalf yes, it all depends on the model you are interested in. In some cases museum calf or similar is used and that can come from other tanneries. Annonay is most used but other Tanneries also, its best if you ask the retailer in question specific about the certain model you are looking at.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
Some are made of boxcalf yes, it all depends on the model you are interested in. In some cases museum calf or similar is used and that can come from other tanneries. Annonay is most used but other Tanneries also, its best if you ask the retailer in question specific about the certain model you are looking at.

thank you for the very quick reply. I had been looking at this model:

https://www.skolyx.se/en/shoes/263-plain-cap-toe-oxford-dark-brown-with-york-sole.html

Emil S

Reaction score

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
Its called Cambridge Niger from Annonay. We choose that leather instead of dark brown boxcalf since this leather is very nice in Quality and also a bit brighter wich Will let you treat them to stay a shade lighter or use dark brown products to turn them Darker.

Thanks a lot. So it's not skin from a calf, but a grown cow which goes along with a different texture of the leather?

So far I had the belief that boxcalf is the highest grade of leather, apart of exotic stuff like cordovan, alligator etc. Is that right or wrong? I mean apart of the subjective stuff I thought there was some sort of general consensus?

Emil S

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. So it's not skin from a calf, but a grown cow which goes along with a different texture of the leather?

So far I had the belief that boxcalf is the highest grade of leather, apart of exotic stuff like cordovan, alligator etc. Is that right or wrong? I mean apart of the subjective stuff I thought there was some sort of general consensus?
The Quality of the leather and the kind of leather is 2 different things. A poor leather of One kind can be worse than Another kind of leather, the Quality cant be judged by kind of leather. This Cambridge leather is just as good as our other leather called boxcalf.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
The Quality of the leather and the kind of leather is 2 different things. A poor leather of One kind can be worse than Another kind of leather, the Quality cant be judged by kind of leather. This Cambridge leather is just as good as our other leather called boxcalf.

Thanks for the quick reply, great customer service on your site. In this case a statement worthy of a politician ;)

I have those boots, got them from @patinePL and on their website it says calf Niger, so Niger just means brown apparently? https://patine.shoes/yanko-style-525yh-niger.html

I just want to make sure it's a similar quality leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads