1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

After wearing my Yanko 915s today after wearing my Carmina Rain on Monday, I'd concur with your description.

1 person likes this.
  2. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

I wear Yanko 915 in size 6 and Carmina Rain in 6,5. Fit is similar. I would say that you have to size down half a size in Yanko in order to have the same fit as in Carmina.

I also own Yanko 960 in 6, which fits similar to Robert in 6,5.

3. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

With all the Yanko love going on here I think I should also share my experiences with Yanko directly.

While I agree that their shoes are of great value and their dealer Patine.pl is a pleasure to deal with, customer service of the Yanko factory itself is a whole different story.

As some of you might remember I own a pair of navy blue cordovan Yanko cap toe Oxford shoes. After a couple of wears they developed clearly visible water spots which wouldn't buff out. I emailed Yanko directly to ask them for advice on how to handle this issue.

They asked me to send the shoes directly to them so they could see the issue themselves and they also told me that they would contact the cordovan supplier to ask them how to solve this issue.

About a week after I sent my shoes in I sent them an email to ask if they had received my shoes. I got no response from them. A couple of days later I got an email from UPS that a package from Spain would be delivered and some days after that my shoes indeed arrived back to me.

When I opened the box I was shocked because my navy blue shoes were now pitch black...(except for the tongues which are still blue). And the water spots were still there. There was no note or communication from Yanko about what they did whatsoever.

I emailed them to ask for an explanation why my blue shoes are now black. They told me that they tried to buff the shoes with an industrial brush and that because of the friction the shoes have darkened. They also told me they knew this could happen but decided to proceed anyway without consulting me first on what to do.

I then noticed this wasn't the case because when I rubbed my shoes with a paper towel black polish came off. So it wasn't (just) the friction that caused the black color but they used black polish on my blue shoes.

I then emailed them back that to me the result is not acceptable, I want blue shoes not black ones which I already own lots of. I asked them for a solution.

I then got a reply that they thought the results were acceptable....

I then let them know that I did not agree, they darkened my shoes without consulting me and now I have black shoes with blue tongues which to me are unwearable.

So now they agreed to have them sent back once more and see if they can remove the black polish. This was almost two weeks ago and again no communication at all from Yanko.

So, please bear in mind that they make great shoes but are a pain to deal with directly. Customer service clearly isn't their top priority. I for sure will never deal with them directly again but go to one of their known dealers instead.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Actions pics from my first wear on Monday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

6. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

Wow. I'm shocked to hear about this. I do remember your water stain problem from last year, I'm sorry this happened. I hope that things get resolved in your favor one way or another. Good luck!

7. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

Yesterday:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

9. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

:cheers:

10. mdancel

mdancel Well-Known Member

I bought these at the same time and have been alternating between the two for over a year. Both the Carmina and Yankos are holding up nicely! I'm heading to Barcelona in a few weeks, anyone know if I can get Yankos in Barcelona? I bought these two pair in Madrid.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

Yo can buy them either in El Corte Inglés or in Mayol (Rambla de Catalunya).

To my knowledge there is no other shop selling Yanko in Barcelona.

12. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior member

How much does Yanko and Carmina cost in Spain? Cheaper than ordering online?

13. patinePL

patinePL Member

Dear @Schweino

Please send the photos on e-mail :
    sklep@patine.pl
    showing your problem with those shoes and review the situation in message.

We'll do brainstorm in our company and discuss how to help you with this situation :)

PATINE.PL

14. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Been eyeing Yanko for over a year now. About to finally pull the trigger after I decide which to go for. Maybe some light brown suede for the spring.

15. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

Thank you for your kind offer. My shoes are still at Yanko and when I contacted them last week to ask for a status update they told me they have not been able to restore the original blue color. They asked me if they should make the tongues black too so I would have entirely black shoes.

I (again) replied back to them that I do not need more black shoes and want my blue ones back and if they cannot fix the issue they have caused that I'd rather have the shoes remade from blue cordovan.

They then let me know that they will do that but have to obtain some blue cordovan first.

So I hope this all will be solved, although I'm not sure about the timeline...

To illustrate here is a before and after pic:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  16. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

Yesterday

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    3 people like this.
  17. patinePL

patinePL Member

Dear Members!

The problem with long waiting time for delivery of PATINE.SHOES is deleted!

From now is avaible delivery option via UPS Express Saver!

Delivery time 3-7 days - all over the world!

Greetings!

PATINE.SHOES

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    3 people like this.
  18. Teger

Teger Senior member

could anyone tell me about the 962 last?

19. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member

Yes, what do you want to know? :)

20. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

1 person likes this.