1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior member

Really appreciate for the info

2. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. rdepuit

rdepuit Member

Does anyone know what material Yanko uses as a heel stiffener?

I just received an order from Patine (but is the wrong size) and debating return vs exchange -- I found the heel to be stiff and uncomfortable, and feels far lass pliable/moldable than Carmina and AE shoes I have, so worry they may never fit properly in the heel. Thanks

4. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member

Yanko uses leather board in the heel.

5. Markwilo13

Markwilo13 Member

Just received these from Skolyx today. Dark brown Oxfords on York sole built on the 962 last. I can confirm what others have said and the last does run slightly large. I am almost always a size 8.5uk (272mm length foot) and got these in an 8 and will be returning the 8.5 I initially bought. Initial impressions are very good and I think the quality Yanko provide for a £240ish shoe is excellent. I highly recommend Skolyx if you are thinking of buying Yanko, Emil is a very nice person to deal with and is always quick to reply to emails. Now I can't wait for my MTO Suedue quarter brogues to arrive from Patine on the 915 last!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 people like this.
  6. Sactogeoff

Sactogeoff Well-Known Member

Just throwing out another comment regarding sizing. Emil is very helpful when dealing with Skolyx. They do tend to run a bit roomy. Vs many others (Meermin/Carmina and others) whom I believe err towards the small side. Especially when trying to draw a comparison between U.S. Sizing and U.K. Sizing.

Personally, I'm a VERY snug 7.5UK in the Carmina Rain (with thin socks)
    And a comfortable fit in the Yanko 915 in 7.5UK (with normal dress socks).

I would put my exact size closer to 7.75UK EE. So for most makers I default to 8UKE.

Hope this help anyone else who's sorting out sizing!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Hey guys, would appreciate some help regarding the Yanko sizing.

I wear a 9.5 UK in Carmina Rain and 10 US in Red Wing 8 Last. I'm trying to figure out the sizing table but I'm not sure what's going on. When I mesure my feet I get:

Lenght: 277 mm
    Width: 245 mm

So with those measurements I'm no where near a 9.5 UK in Yanko, not even a 9 UK... hehe.

8. Emospence

Emospence Well-Known Member

Which Yanko last? They tend to run a bit large.

I'm UK 9.5 in Carmina Rain oxfords, UK 9.5 in Yanko 915 oxfords, UK 9 in Yanko 915 monkstraps, UK 9 in Yanko 924 derbies

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks mate!

The lasts of the shoes I'm in between are:

- 960 (Wingtip boot) http://patine.shoes/yanko-653yh-yes-cuero.html
    - 790 (Chukka) http://patine.shoes/yanko-080y-burdeos.html

This is where I get a bit lost, I like these monks but it seems that they are built on different lasts

- 962 (Dubmonk) http://patine.shoes/yanko-663-burdeos.html
    - 915 (Dubmonk) http://patine.shoes/yanko-style-306-goodyear-welted-burgund.html

10. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

Just a heads up, @patinePL storefront seems to have 20% off sitewide already. :)

edit:
    @Skolyx @patinePL (and @everybody else of course) What are the functional differences between the York sole and the Vibram sole? Is one better than the other in inclement weather? Is one hardier? Is there any situation where the York sole would be preferred over the vibram sole's full sole coverage?

PatinePL has a lot of their models in both York and Vibram out soles, and I'm interested in a (some sort of) rubber-soled boot.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  11. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

Wow, it seems like you prefer a lot of wiggle room in your shoes. I prefer a snug fit. We have similar foot measurements - almost identical, actually. I have the double monks on the 915 in UK8.5, and it fits me well. But I'm crazy and I think I'm going to try the UK8 the next time I buy (which might be tomorrow), just to see how much wiggle room I have with that size. After my email exchanges and a lot of harassment of Emil from @Skolyx , we had decided on UK9 but that didn't work out for me (too much wiggle room for my tastes). If you like how the rain fits for you @UK9.5, then I'd say go with UK9 on the 915.

I personally don't like the other lasts as much because I prefer a sleeker / tighter cut last, but I would imagine that you would size down if you moved away from 915 since that's Yanko's sleekest last from what I know. So UK9 seems like a good bet for you to start with.

Just my opinion and 2 cents.

12. Emospence

I would size down 0.5 from Rain for the 915 double monks. No idea about the rest, sorry..

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks mate! You are correct, I do not like a tight shoe but measurements are confusing haha. I used to have two Santoni shoes, which they have very enlongated lasts in 8 UK and they were pressing a lot against my feet. The Chelsea's I have in 8.5 UK is tight but wearable. Then the Carmina Rain in 9 UK was very tight against my little toe. When I measure in inches I get 10.9 inches, which are the 277 mm.

I'm thinking that is the last are wide, I could go with 9 UK.

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Hey guys,

Check this out, I tooks some pics of some shoes I have, so you can have an idea of where my feet are placed in the shoe. I spoiler them in case you don't want to see the inside of the shoe.

Carmina Uetam 9 UK Suede

[​IMG]

Carmina Rain 9.5 UK calf

[​IMG]

Red Wing Beckman 8 Last 10 US

[​IMG]

And this is a Lodger Chukka in 8.5UK... unlined but it's the tightest of all, not using them a lot.

[​IMG]

I think that if Yanko lasts are wider than the Carmina Rain, 9 UK should do the trick.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  15. Elessar

Elessar Senior member

1. I can't see your photos at all. 2. I don't actually have experience with the rain last. I only have a pair om the Simpson, in which I wear 8.5 and it fits me better than the 915 (which is why I think I should try the 8 next time I buy).

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

My bad, I fixed the pics.

I think the general consensus is that Rain ans Simpson are almost the same in sizing.

17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

My apologies, I was measuing wrong my feet. I got some help and now I get:

Lenght: 285 mm
    Width: 250 mm

18. Emospence

I'm 280/265 using the Meccariello size guide.

19. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Nice!

I did the Meccariello sizing and got 9 UK.

I think that for the 960 last in G width I can go 9 UK. And for the 915 I think that 9.5 UK because of the width. I remember you said you went 9 UK for the dubmonks but 9.5 UK for the oxfords, is there a big difference?

20. Emospence

To me there was.

I had tried on a pair on 915 oxfords, which was the size that fit me the best, so I had ordered a pair of double monks in the same last and size (which weren't available for me to try).

When they came, I felt they were a tad too roomy, enough that I wouldn't feel good about my purchase were I to go on with it.

1 person likes this.