1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior Member

How does Carmina's rain last fit? The Carmina is a little snug for me and I'm worried that a 915 in a half size down would be too small.

2. Galix

Galix Senior Member

The Rain last is on the snug side, but I never felt it tight. Even when they were new, the shoes were very comfortable.
    As I wrote before I haven't taken the Yanko's "on tour" yet, so my experience is limited to a few steps up and down at home. But still, I'd say they feel very similar, even if it is .5 smaller in size.

If you have tried Meermin's Linea Maestro, their Park last feels tighter (also a size UK 6.5).

3. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior Member

Yes, I have Meermin LM 7.5 UK in the Park and Olfe last. Park is more snug than the Rain last. Olfe is bigger than the Rain last. My Rain last Carmina are also 7.5UK.

Would you still suggest a 7UK for the 915 last?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015

4. Galix

Galix Senior Member

No, in this case I'd recommend you to get the 915 in the same size as the Park last, that is a UK 7.5.

5. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior Member

Thanks! Let me know if you want to get in on the GMTO. I'm flexible on some aspects of the shoe (it doesn't have to be an adelaide, etc)

6. lexmann

lexmann Senior Member

So do you mean Yanko 915 is slightly longer than Carmina Rain?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015

7. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior Member

Anyone else interested in a GMTO for a pair of Adelaide s on Yanko 915 lasted shoes?

My inspiration:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It would be closer to the first shoe. Need 2 more people.

Price if you live in Europe: 280 Euro or 310USD. (Shipping is free to EU-countries)
    Price outside of Europe 223 Euro or 248USD. Shipping cost applies depending on destination (US = 36USD)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015

8. Zapasman

Zapasman Distinguished Member

Most wellcome.Congrats and enjoy them!!.

9. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Distinguished Member

I handled that exact shoe on Spain yesterday on Spain on El Corte Ingles among others of the brand, ( Not the burgundy posted before, that certainly looks far better) and my opinion is that leaves a lot to be desired that maybe for 75 euros would be ok. I Don´t remember if was 150 or 180 euros but certainly not close to 300, and some low quality details as the plastic/rubber heel is another, not talking about the very bad overall quality or poor soles ( just on the pic is obvious the mass production soles with those double stitiching on the soles)

I don´t want to be polemic, but my pro advice is to do a better investment on other shoes and get this only if paying 75 or so, that is the fair price due to his inner low quality. Is a mall market mass shoe, has anything to do with a good handmade shoe even calling this " handmade" seems a gimmick to attract people thinking this can be compared with what we all have in mind as " handmade", just an attempt to it. I was very dissapointed and again, i can´t see the hype on this by any side. My mother who handled them as welll got horroriced by the price/ " quality" ratio.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

10. Zapasman

Do not even listen to him; he does not even know that most high end GWY shoemaker use plastic/celastic toe and counter stiffeners. His opinion is not relevant to shoe aficionados. Should his comments about tayloring are the same...[​IMG]. He is just trolling all the time.

11. Zapasman

You are wellcome.
    Have you ever heard of a double stiching at the soles?. Are those pics of Yanko showing that?. Amazing comments but I have fun with this guy so I wont block him.[​IMG]

12. Zapasman

I wear 9 in Rain and 8.5 in 915.

13. Zapasman

Hi Galix,

Be sure you have made a wise decision, so nothing to worry about. Please, compare both box calf leathers: one is a Yanko (similar to yours) and the other is a Hand Made shoe from Vass (left) . Good leather so far.

[​IMG]

14. southern-swede

southern-swede Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Left to right:
    Meermin, Yanko, Yanko.
    Bought from Skolyx.
    Actually, my first time I did polish my shoes for real :)

15. oxfordsandties

oxfordsandties Senior Member

Hey guys, I really want to pull the trigger on a pair of yanko but I am extremely hesitant about the sizing. I feel that the 915 last will be a bit too narrow for me given that I have extremely flat feet. I generally take a 11.5uk in Meermin hiro, 12D on brannock, and 12D on Allen Edmonds. Is there another last outside of the 915 I should be looking at?