Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

Lovely job with lovely colors :)

Well done.

2. patinePL

patinePL Member

3. Brendan Foo

Brendan Foo New Member

Where did you patina the shoes at ?

4. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

Anyone up for a MTO with Yanko? I believe if I get a group together, there is no extra charge for MTO. I was thinking of something like this in the 915 last.
    [​IMG]

5. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

I'm hoping to get 3 other people! Anyone else interested? Skolyx, how much would the shoes be in Euros and in USD?

6. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member

Price if you live in Europe: 280 Euro or 310USD. (Shipping is free to EU-countries)
    If you live outside Europe we deduct vat and price will be: 223 Euro or 248USD. Shipping cost applies depending on destination. For example its 36USD to United States. We can ship to all countries world wide (except Poland were Patine.PL is the reseller of Yanko).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  7. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

I'm in. Great price! How does Yanko sizing on this model compare to Carmina's rain last?

8. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

Only need 2 more! Skolyx, how does the 915 last compare to Carmina's rain last? Personally, I am a 7.5 UK in the rain last.

9. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Also @Skolyx would it be 50% deposit then 50% at delivery?

10. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you like it! 99% of our customers have same size in rain as in last 915. (Please note we cant promise anything about size though, it depends so Much on your own unique feet shape).

About deposit we usually receive 100% in advance, but if you want to deposit 50% we will happy to arrange that for you.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  11. Galix

Galix Senior member

Gentlemen,

A few days ago I received a new pair of plain black oxfords in last 915.
    My first impression is very positive. The shoes look very well made, nice finishing details and the leather appears to be very good, smooth and nice.
    Haven't worn them outside my house yet, so my experience with them is very limited. But in the couple of minutes I wore them to try them on, I felt the shoes to be very comfortable and the last adapts very well to the form of the feet. It feels like it securely hugs the feet while at the same time is comfortable and roomy enough. This last feels quite like Carmina's Rain last, which is been my favourite last for the past few years.
    Quality wise I think they are similar to Carmina. But they are certainly way better than Meermin, even compared to Meermin's Linea Maestro.
    I was looking for a pair of black plain cap-toes and my first option were the Alfred Sargent Armfield, but decided to give Yanko a try after reading the posts in this thread. I have to confess that until I received them and had the shoes on, I was afraid I would regret my decision. Luckily I am very pleased and looking forward to start wearing them often.

On a side note, I'd like to thank @Zapasman, who answered a couple of questions I had about this brand and model, and @Skolyx, who offered a top notch customer service.

Edit to add a couple of pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  12. danielyam

danielyam Well-Known Member

There are various websites to choose from when i googled their yanko.. May i know which website did you purchase from?

13. Galix

Galix Senior member

I got them from www.skolyx.se which is run by a Styleforum member :)

14. danielyam

danielyam Well-Known Member

Do you get the same size as per Carmina Rain last?

Navigated their website earlier, and realised that i am unable to identify which last each shoe belong to..

15. Skolyx

Skolyx Well-Known Member

All our stock models is based on last 915 except for the wingtip and chelsea boot (last 961) and the austerity brogue (last 962). We only had last 915 from the beginning so we will clarify this soon. Thanks for the heads up. Autumn collection will arrive in october and then we will make the last info more obvious on our website when our stock collection will be even bigger.