Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Genludd

Genludd Active Member

I saw that they have navy calf for Balmoral boots but not in the monk section. Do you mean I can specify the color on the double monk when I order? Do they charge extra for that since it is more like heading to the MTO direction.

Last edited: May 22, 2015

2. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

Hi. Yes you can select style, type of sole and color color (if it is available in Yanko offer) and you are not charged for it!!!!!

3. Genludd

Genludd Active Member

It is good to know. So I just contact them since their online system doesn't seem to support that.
    Thanks.

Last edited: May 25, 2015

4. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

The normal approach is to confirm the order via email (MTO) - style, color, type of leather or suede and sole

5. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

Pretty good deal I would say. Received these last week and now on my feet.
    [​IMG]

6. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

@Skolyx and @patinePL : You guys should add a Yanko last shape comparison chart. Something like this or this would be helpful.

@Skolyx: Can you add Canada to the list of coutries in your drop down field in the checkout?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

7. patinePL

patinePL Member

@Wes Bourne, good suggestions! Thanks!

A few examples that might be helpful:

YANKO LAST 915
    [​IMG]

YANKO LAST 962
    [​IMG]

YANKO LAST 961
    [​IMG]

YANKO LAST 948
    [​IMG]

YANKO LAST 960
    [​IMG]

LAST 915 - LAST 961 - LAST 915 - LAST 962
    [​IMG]

LAST 962 - LAST 915 - LAST 948 - LAST 961 - LAST 961 - LAST 924
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YANKO LAST MEASURES LIST (link)

We ship world wide and deduct vat on orders outside EU.

Best Regards :)

8. Sergey

Sergey Active Member

@Skolyx What is last?

[​IMG]

9. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

The 962 is a pretty nice last. Looks more rounded than 915 but otherwise similar in appearance.

10. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

@skolyx or @patinepl can either of you provide sizing advice? I have a pair of captoe brogues on the 915 last in a U.S. 11.5 (which I believe is an EU 44.5). They are slightly too big... I get heel slip in both, particularly on my smaller right foot. I also have about 2 centimeters of space from my toes to the end of the shoe and the vamp closes fully when I lace them (which I like). Would you recommend sizing down a half size to get the ideal fit or would the eu 44 be too small (particularly in the instep... I want to be able to close the laces all the way). Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

11. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Of course, will do. Thanks.

12. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

After due research (high premium GYW RTW english and all spanish brands) for a Black Toe Cap Oxfords, I pulled the trigger with this Yanko today. I had in mind AS Armfield on top of my list thanks to experts in SF, but finally I did not wanted to pay so much many for a pair of RTW GYW shoes that I wont wear much often. So I was really surprise of the quality/price ratio at those (260€)

Fit was very good. Second, the design and shape of the shoe is great in this model (6 eyelet); sharp and finesse adapted to the last. Finish is good too (edge of the sole, heel, stiching, beveled waist), Box Calf (maybe 2º or 3º grade compare to others, but still very nice), a fiddle waist very strange for this range of price. I think they use leather puff at heel and the toe (quite soft). Linning is low , but not much different from Carmina.

I think I made a very wise purchase for this model but I will wait to have a clear opinion of them after wearing them in the long run.

My main concer is about insole (kind of white? and thin) and the outsole (It seems rigid enough but flexible). Could any of the experts with Yanko provide me any input about their quality?.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Galix

Galix Senior member

I have to confess that I am impressed by the jump Yanko has made lately. At least aesthetically. Few years ago while waiting at the airport in Madrid I saw them in a store and my impression was quite "meh". But some of the pairs in this thread are stunning.

Anyone dare to comment on quality? I reckon they should be somewhere close to Meermin and well under Carmina's. Am I right?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

14. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

From my understanding, above Meermin LM and behind Carmina (know both brands). In that territory.

Very good shoes indeed for their quality/price ratio.

But remenber that fit is first.[​IMG]

15. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I find that difficult to believe as Meermin LM is arguably better than Carmina. I have both. Also, I'm not alone in that belief, pretty common actually.