• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yahoo Buzz Log

Cake

Reaction score
Looks like these are the decidedly bootylicious brands, most suitable for the JLO/Beyonce ilk. No doubt they are popular in Brazil, where women tend to sport a more "wholesome" derriere. Although large arse + small back pockets with flaps always look terrible in my book.

Brian SD

Reaction score
You know, I always go for originality and authenticity myself, but I have to say, women should stick to Sevens and Citizens of Humanity. There's a reason why every girl has them - they look good on nearly every body. Some girls are lucky and can wear whatever jeans they want, but I'd say most should get a couple pairs of Seven/COH and stick with them. Can't go wrong with that.

Oh, and the Brazilian jeans? Gross, man. Thank god I rarely ever see anything like that on campus.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I always go for originality and authenticity myself, but I have to say, women should stick to Sevens and Citizens of Humanity. There's a reason why every girl has them - they look good on nearly every body. Some girls are lucky and can wear whatever jeans they want, but I'd say most should get a couple pairs of Seven/COH and stick with them. Can't go wrong with that.

Oh, and the Brazilian jeans? Gross, man. Thank god I rarely ever see anything like that on campus.
There are actually many jeans companies that make jeans that "regular shaped and sized" women can look good in. It depends on the individual woman. I suggest James Preserved (now James Cured - make up your mind James), Paige Premium Denim, the Tru cut by Paper Denim, Saltworks, Denimbirds (Nudie for women) and Joe's Jeans, off the top of my head.

And if you want the low cut Brazilian look, just get a pair of Frankie B super lows (2.5-3" rise.) Any lower, and double sided tape may be needed.

Cake

Reaction score
It's probably not so much the denim brand as the cut. A larger bum and thicker thighs would require a fuller cut through the legs with perhaps a slight hint of flaring around the hem. This should balance out the whole setup. Bootcut flare jeans would do the trick here, particularly if the woman is top heavy as well. Of course if you're Pamela Andersen you don't really need to wear anything, let alone jeans.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I see young hispanic girls wearing these all the time here in Phoenix. I didn't know they were known as brazilian jeans - I thought that term referred to something else
biggrin.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
There are actually many jeans companies that make jeans that "regular shaped and sized" women can look good in. It depends on the individual woman. I suggest James Preserved (now James Cured - make up your mind James), Paige Premium Denim, the Tru cut by Paper Denim, Saltworks, Denimbirds (Nudie for women) and Joe's Jeans, off the top of my head.
It shocks me that you are so familiar with female brands. What do you do, drag your fiancÃ
00a9.png
to Famous Friends and make her try on every brand there?
smile.gif
I haven't seen any of those in person except for the Tru PDCs, but they were on a girl with an excellent body so I wouldn't judge based upon that.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to work unofficially in the industry remember? Women's jeans make up the bulk of the business. Besides, pretty much all of these labels, Paige aside (those my fiancee really likes), have men's lines as well.

Geowu

Reaction score
Those jeans must cost like $5 in Brazil. The quality is so bad you can't imagine.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I used to work unofficially in the industry remember? Women's jeans make up the bulk of the business. Besides, pretty much all of these labels, Paige aside (those my fiancee really likes), have men's lines as well.
Ahh, I didn't know it was so recent - I thought this was 5+ years ago.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ April 25 2005,14:55) I used to work unofficially in the industry remember? Â Women's jeans make up the bulk of the business. Â Besides, pretty much all of these labels, Paige aside (those my fiancee really likes), have men's lines as well.
Ahh, I didn't know it was so recent - I thought this was 5+ years ago.
More like 3 and a half, and I still try to keep up. Besides, a lot of these brands have been around for a few years. I think that Paige and Saltworks are the only really new companies, with James Preserved close behind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads