Y-3 Sneakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, May 1, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Hey guys,

I'm interested in a pair of Y-3 sneakers that were featured (possibly?) some time ago in an issue of GQ. They were a beautiful red and had velcro straps. I have three questions:

1) Would someone know where to get, specifically, this pair of sneakers?

2) Would anyone know anywhere online that may have them, or carries Y-3 period?

3) Is anybody familiar with the make of Y-3's sneakers? I'm a quality whore so this is the most important aspect in my mind. Are they well made?

Danka.

-Jonathan

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

1) No idea. Best bet is probably eBay at this point, since you basically said that it's an older issue of the magazine. You could try calling stores that stock Y-3, or better yet, call a Y-3 store (there's one in San Francisco and I believe New York). 2) www.andrewatlanta.com carries Y-3, and there is some stuff on Yoox occasionally. 3) I don't know who makes them, as sneakers are generally hard to track down (unlike dress shoes, where the maker is obvious). That said, every Y-3 sneaker I've seen has been top notch quality.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

They sell some Y-3 stuff through http://harputs.com/at y3store.com. THey currently have the Y-3 New Court Japan model, which is similar to what you describe. They don't have stock info on the site, but they're $260; call 415-923-9300.

Like this, but in red?
    [​IMG]

4. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Yes! (Looks infinitely better in red, by the way.) [​IMG] Thanks for the help guys. I'm incompetent. *EDIT*: Ha, I went to Y3 via Harputs and the very first shoe for sale in the men's section lineup is the one I wanted. My God you guys are good. These shall be mine Friday. Many, many thinks. (Again and again.)