• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XS Polo Wool / Cashmere sweaters

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for Polo / RLPL XS Cashmere sweaters at a good (read: inexpensive, ok...cheap) price. Does not matter if they are crewneck, v-neck, or polo collared. I recall reading a while back that some one saw them at some outlet store of one of the major department stores somewhere in Illinois.

Thanks.

Jon.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the Madison store.
Seriously - they have tons of smalls and extra smalls for amazing prices. I went today. They don't even put them out - they are in the back because they only have one of each and I guess nobody is an XS... don't really understand that decision. Anyway, the guy who helped me was Jacob and he pulled out a couple dozen from the back when I asked if he had any.
I bought a RLPL white cashmere v-neck - it's honestly the only sweater I've ever been truly excited about. I love it.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I'm looking for Polo / RLPL XS Cashmere sweaters at a good (read: inexpensive, ok...cheap) price. Does not matter if they are crewneck, v-neck, or polo collared. I recall reading a while back that some one saw them at some outlet store of one of the major department stores somewhere in Illinois.

Thanks.

Jon.

That was me. I was at the Nordstrom Rack on Madison Street in Chicago and didn't see anymore. Did you say they have them in the back zjp??? I was there yesterday and I didn't see any smalls or extra smalls. I did buy one a couple months ago, a black polo cable knit cashmere sweater (Ralph Lauren) for $150. Looks like they are on sale now for about $100. I will have to go back there and ask for the ones in the back. Thanks for the info zjp.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the Madison store.
Seriously - they have tons of smalls and extra smalls for amazing prices. I went today. They don't even put them out - they are in the back because they only have one of each and I guess nobody is an XS... don't really understand that decision. Anyway, the guy who helped me was Jacob and he pulled out a couple dozen from the back when I asked if he had any.
I bought a RLPL white cashmere v-neck - it's honestly the only sweater I've ever been truly excited about. I love it.
What constitutes amazing prices?

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for Polo / RLPL XS Cashmere sweaters at a good (read: inexpensive, ok...cheap) price. Does not matter if they are crewneck, v-neck, or polo collared. I recall reading a while back that some one saw them at some outlet store of one of the major department stores somewhere in Illinois. Thanks. Jon.
That was me. I was at the Nordstrom Rack on Madison Street in Chicago and didn't see anymore. Did you say they have them in the back zjp??? I was there yesterday and I didn't see any smalls or extra smalls. I did buy one a couple months ago, a black polo cable knit cashmere sweater (Ralph Lauren) for $150. Looks like they are on sale now for about $100. I will have to go back there and ask for the ones in the back. Thanks for the info zjp.
Just to be clear: the Madison Ave store has Polo cashmere sweaters for $100? Jon.

Pink22m

Reaction score
Just to be clear: the Madison Ave store has Polo cashmere sweaters for $100?

Yes, that is correct.  When I bought mine back in November, they were $150 (I think with tax I paid around $165).  I was just their yesterday, and they had a sign saying "take 35% off the marked price (or something to that nature).  Anyways, the ones I saw had a little red 35% off sticker on them.  So figure that 1/3 off of the original price of $150 is about $50, so you are looking at around $100.

Pink22m

Reaction score
By the way, if you go Jon, don't forget to save a few XS's or smalls for me.
smile.gif

Sevcom

Reaction score
That's great to hear. I was there today, and the only section I didn't wander into was the sweater section. I guess I was dazzled too much by the chocolate-brown velvet peaked-lapel smoking jacket with frog closure.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a nice red cable knit XS cashmere turtleneck on clearance at Bluefly. It's $250 before any codes/sales, but it's one of the really thick ones (retail $800). http://www.bluefly.com/pages....duct+ID
Actually, they now cost $895, but turtlenecks do not look good on me, so if anyone wants a red cashmere turtleneck sweater at about 72% off before codes...here's your chance. Jon.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(zjpj83 @ Jan. 16 2005,20:38) At the Madison store. Seriously - they have tons of smalls and extra smalls for amazing prices. I went today. They don't even put them out - they are in the back because they only have one of each and I guess nobody is an XS... don't really understand that decision. Anyway, the guy who helped me was Jacob and he pulled out a couple dozen from the back when I asked if he had any. I bought a RLPL white cashmere v-neck - it's honestly the only sweater I've ever been truly excited about. I love it.
What constitutes amazing prices? Jon.
~ 70% off in the $100s and $200s for sweaters that retail $600+

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ Jan. 16 2005,18:14)
Originally Posted by zjpj83,Jan. 16 2005,20:38
At the Madison store. Seriously - they have tons of smalls and extra smalls for amazing prices. I went today. They don't even put them out - they are in the back because they only have one of each and I guess nobody is an XS... don't really understand that decision. Anyway, the guy who helped me was Jacob and he pulled out a couple dozen from the back when I asked if he had any. I bought a RLPL white cashmere v-neck - it's honestly the only sweater I've ever been truly excited about. I love it.
What constitutes amazing prices? Jon.
~ 70% off in the $100s and $200s for sweaters that retail $600+
Damn. Awsome, thanks. Jon.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. My white 100% cashmere v-neck RLPL was $165. I think that most others were around that or low $200s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads