1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

xs and xxs clothing in australia?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Callicles, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Callicles

Callicles Member

I'm about 5'3 and its hard to find shirt, T-shirts and jackets that fit me properly. Apart from maybe a few T-shirts I think everything I have is probably at least a little to big for me. I may, however, get overly paranoid about this, especially with shirts and jackets as I find it hard to tell if something fits me properly. But I think most xs things are at least a little too big for me. I'm a beginner at dressing well so I really don't know where to look. It's often hard just to find any xs sizes. Are there any Australian stores anyone would recommend? Or online? I've looked online before but I didn't manage to find much.

edit: Just in case I'm not clear, when I say things don't fit me I mean they are too long at the waist or arms. I don't know my waist size but I don't usually have a problem finding things that fit my width, at least in comparison.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

If xs in mens sizes is too big for you, you might want to consider boys sizes.

3. Callicles

Callicles Member

Is there any boys clothing you would recommend that looks good?

4. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Just find a good alteration seamstress to shorten the sleeves and body.

5. Callicles

Callicles Member

Which types of clothes is it possible to alter like that?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  6. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

I'm also 5'3" and I also sometimes rock boys clothes. How much do you weigh?

Advice: Brooks Brothers boys, Polo boys, Gap kids anywhere from size 14-18, depending.

For non-boys stuff? APC (Petit Standard) and Somet (003) jeans, Sterlingwear Peacoats (smallest sizes in the 4 button "fashion" variety), Barbour Bedale (size 30-34 depending). Thick as Thieves for suits (or else totally custom).

I don't really know the Aussie market in particular though.

1 person likes this.
  7. Callicles

Callicles Member

Thanks for the suggestions Spaghettimatt, I'll see what I can find here. I'm about 60kg btw.

8. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

No problem. 60kg (130ish lb) is pretty close to me (125 give or take). I think you'll find that finding t-shirts is easy in boys' sizes. Button downs can be a bit trickier depending on the brand, but I've had lots of luck with Polo. You could also go the made to measure and/or custom made route on the button downs. Keep me updated and feel free to PM me with any questions.