1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

XLERATOR hand dryers (too powerful?)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 901 south street, May 3, 2010.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

+1.

It's appalling to see how many dudes don't wash their hands on the way out. I'm full of [​IMG] whenever I encounter a bathroom that both a) has no paper towels, and b) has a door that swings in. With an out-door, you can at least push a low-contact area of it (upper corner) it with your outer palm.

Good lord, men have become absolute pussies.

2. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior Member

I use my pinky finger to exit pull doors in bathroom. It's least likely to enter my mouth or touch anything I put in my mouth. Oh, and it's most dainty.

3. Jekyll

Jekyll Distinguished Member

4. JoyDiffusion

JoyDiffusion Senior Member

It's not about being a pussy, it's about not wanting to get the germs from piss and shit on my hands before eating food. But if that makes me a pussy, we can fight sometime, and you'll see otherwise... [​IMG]

5. Threak

Threak Distinguished Member

I kick bathroom doors open.

+1. Doesn't matter if it swings in or out.

6. warmpi

warmpi Senior Member

hand dryers collect airborne fecal matter. paper towel dispensers are way better.

I do quite like the dyson airblade, though. it's amazing how such a simple innovation took so long to come about.

[​IMG]

7. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

+1 on these XLERATOR hand dryers. I was at a bar last year and in the midst of a drunken stupor I went to the john, took a long piss- the type that lasts 2 minutes and when you think its done piss comes out again- and struggled my way to the faucet to wash. with eyes half closed I pushed the big stainless steel button of the XLERATOR hand dryer beside me, not knowing the nozzle was turned up probably by a very evil evil man who knows the massive power of this bastard. so I had a temporary ding to my face because of the immensely powerful force of wind that struck my face, and it stayed like that for 2 days. imagine coming out of the bar's mens room looking like this: [​IMG]

8. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Distinguished Member

The models we have up hear do not rotate and do not have a button.

I like them, but damn are they loud. At least they do dry your hands, where the old school models always called for an armpit wipe. I literally avoid McDonalds because they always have those crappy dryers and no towels.

9. Keroberos

Keroberos Senior Member

+1 on these XLERATOR hand dryers. I was at a bar last year and in the midst of a drunken stupor I went to the john, took a long piss- the type that lasts 2 minutes and when you think its done piss comes out again- and struggled my way to the faucet to wash. with eyes half closed I pushed the big stainless steel button of the XLERATOR hand dryer beside me, not knowing the nozzle was turned up probably by a very evil evil man who knows the massive power of this bastard. so I had a temporary ding to my face because of the immensely powerful force of wind that struck my face, and it stayed like that for 2 days. imagine coming out of the bar's mens room looking like this:

[​IMG]

Amusing story, but I haven't seen an Xlerator with a rotatable nozzle. Product page doesn't show one either.

10. Fraiche

Fraiche Distinguished Member

I don't know about you, but I prefer not to have residual ball sweat from other men on my hands so you can call me a pussy any day.

11. milosz

milosz Distinguished Member

Do you often play with your balls when you take a leak, 'cause I've never heard of that before.

12. gungadin25

gungadin25 Senior Member

They're pretty awesome -- like an air squeegee, but I don't wear jewelry

13. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

love dyson airblades. takes such little time to completely dry your hands

14. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

Hate them. I have a mild ear problem that essentially means that certain frequencies at certain volumes cause me rather intense pain. the Xcelerators hit that perfectly. I also wonder it doesn't blast off, atomize, and make available for breathing any remaining effluent from the hands and fingernails of those who wash poorly.

~ H

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Hate them. I have a mild ear problem that essentially means that certain frequencies at certain volumes cause me rather intense pain. the Xcelerators hit that perfectly. I also wonder it doesn't blast off, atomize, and make available for breathing any remaining effluent from the hands and fingernails of those who wash poorly.

~ H

I'm a bit tipsy, but I really LOLed.