1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

How was Katniss? [​IMG]
    Sadly, disappointing. You'd think being naked and painted blue would be hot but she is no Rebecca Romjin, sorry. Her face looks extra chunky with the blue make-up too and her red hair in her Mystique form is just ridiculous. You might like it though, she was ok but I was expecting hotter I guess. Beast wasn't very beastly eaither, looked like an overgrown blue kitten. This movie will also make you say "WTF!" based on their interactions with each other and their relationships from this movie to the first 3 films.

3. Neo_Version 7

I meant her acting. :\\

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I meant her acting. :\\

Sure... [​IMG]

Nonetheless, her acting was ok, nothing impressive since her role really isn't as big as some may expect. By that I mean she didn't have much chance to shine since it is mostly about Charles and Erik.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

How was HulaHoop? Er, Havok?

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

How was HulaHoop? Er, Havok?

[​IMG]
    Terribad. I honestly have no idea why they keep changing their powers and how they work, it;s like Marvel hates the Summers family because Scott powers were all messed up too. Is it so difficult to keep their powers accurate? I doubt it would change the story much if they can keep the fans happy with this little details, it's like the writers never read the comics before.

7. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I'd probably rank this on the same level as Thor or maybe slightly about it because the story is much better on this one.

Thor was pretty mediocre, so I don't consider that a good sign.

Definitely gonna see this movie, but my hopes are calibrated to "Moderate."

8. Neo_Version 7

..it's like the writers never read the comics before.

Whoa, whoa. You're wandering into Rambo territory.

9. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

[​IMG]
    Terribad. I honestly have no idea why they keep changing their powers and how they work, it;s like Marvel hates the Summers family because Scott powers were all messed up too. Is it so difficult to keep their powers accurate? I doubt it would change the story much if they can keep the fans happy with this little details, it's like the writers never read the comics before.

Scott is in the movie as well?

10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

^^Thanks for the teaser. I'l probably go now... was on the fence.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Scott is in the movie as well?
    Well... he was on the first 3 films and they did him dirty by killing him. I guess Cable wouldn't exist but chances are they'd probably change his history and make him Capt. Americas son instead.
    My fault... I still like the movie though so I won't be straying to that field completely. And I really thought Thor was pretty good and entertaining. Cast was awesome and for an Origins story, it was just plain out good. I won't go into is since I already reviewed it in the other thread but I really enjoyed it.

12. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

the best part was the red band trailer for the girl with the dragon tattoo.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

the best part was the red band trailer for the girl with the dragon tattoo.

My theater had the stupid Mr. Poppers Penguins trailer. [​IMG] What has the Riddler dug himself into.

14. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Well... he was on the first 3 films and they did him dirty by killing him. I guess Cable wouldn't exist but chances are they'd probably change his history and make him Capt. Americas son instead.

My fault... I still like the movie though so I won't be straying to that field completely.

And I really thought Thor was pretty good and entertaining. Cast was awesome and for an Origins story, it was just plain out good. I won't go into is since I already reviewed it in the other thread but I really enjoyed it.

Thor was fucking sexy. I don't remember the third movie. Did they really kill Scott? Why the fuck would they do that? Scott IS the X-Men. And WTF was up with them dumping Jean before they fleshed out the Phoenix saga?

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thor was fucking sexy. I don't remember the third movie. Did they really kill Scott? Why the fuck would they do that? Scott IS the X-Men. And WTF was up with them dumping Jean before they fleshed out the Phoenix saga?

That was the Phoenix saga. [​IMG]

And yah, they killed him, made Jean kill him too. Dude was practically a cry baby through the whole series. Such a shame.

16. Neo_Version 7

RFX, I have to ask. In the new movie, is there are a lot of weak attempts at humour?

17. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

My theater had the stupid Mr. Poppers Penguins trailer.

had that one too.

18. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG] Terribad. I honestly have no idea why they keep changing their powers and how they work, it;s like Marvel hates the Summers family because Scott powers were all messed up too. Is it so difficult to keep their powers accurate? I doubt it would change the story much if they can keep the fans happy with this little details, it's like the writers never read the comics before.
    [​IMG]

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

RFX, I have to ask. In the new movie, is there are a lot of weak attempts at humour?
    There were a few but mostly in reference to the first 3 films or the characters itself like Prof X going bald and such. One thing that might bother some is that Prof X is very British/English, I don't really picture as such but I guess it does make some sense.

20. Neo_Version 7

There were a few but mostly in reference to the first 3 films or the characters itself like Prof X going bald and such.

One thing that might bother some is that Prof X is very British/English, I don't really picture as such but I guess it does make some sense.

I see. I actually like Professor X and Mags being super English. There has to be a certain presence with these two characters and being English helps in that regard I'd say.