X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Middle guy looks like kevin bacon. [​IMG]
    Because it is...

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

They should have made her like this:
    [​IMG]

Instead of:
    [​IMG]

Shit looks like diamond warts all over her body.

Strange. I've never actually seen her in diamond form before. I guess I haven't read many X-Man since 2001.

Not sure I like it but whatever.

3. gort

gort Senior member

Because it is...

Well I'll be damned. [​IMG]

4. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Strange. I've never actually seen her in diamond form before. I guess I haven't read many X-Man since 2001.

Not sure I like it but whatever.

Secondary mutation. (Got it during the Geonosha story line)

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Secondary mutation. (Got it during the Geonosha story line)

The second Genosha story line I assume.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I recently re-watched the first two X-Men movies and I got to say they hold up well. Wish the third was worth a damn, but they did a bang up job bringing these characters to life with 1 & 2. [​IMG]

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I recently re-watched the first two X-Men movies and I got to say they hold up well. Wish the third was worth a damn, but they did a bang up job bringing these characters to life with 1 & 2. [​IMG]

Are AB and I the only ones who thought the third was entertaining? And this is coming from someone who holds X2 in high regard.

8. Jr Mouse

Are AB and I the only ones who thought the third was entertaining? And this is coming from someone who holds X2 in high regard.

Perhaps the only living human beings who did. [​IMG]

9. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I knew there was a reason I liked you! People that don't like X1/X2 are probably looking for the comic book brought to the big screen (complete with yellow and blue spandex!), as those two movies are extremely enjoyable.

The third one is fun to watch for some of the awful lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") and action/mutant scenes.

Iceman was awful though.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

1&2 weren't bad at all. The starship captain was perfectly cast, Jackman wasn't bad, Gandalf was good, if not a bit old. Halle Berry was awful, guy playing Cyclops wasn't very "Cyclops-y", and the rest of them pretty much blew. All in all, a good way to spend 120 minutes.

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

One of my favourite things about X2 is Nightcrawler. The opening scene alone kicks so much ass.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

One of my favourite things about X2 is Nightcrawler. The opening scene alone kicks so much ass.
    Yeah, but then you realize Alan Cumming is playing him, and it goes to shit from there. Plus, I never understood all that tattoo bullshit.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

If you're gonna reboot I don't understand why not do one of the alternates like House of M or Age of Apocalypse. The latter is probably too much to deal with I guess.

Thanks to TDK, Marvel movies just look unbearably cartoony now.

14. Jr Mouse

I knew there was a reason I liked you! People that don't like X1/X2 are probably looking for the comic book brought to the big screen (complete with yellow and blue spandex!), as those two movies are extremely enjoyable.

[​IMG]

The third one is fun to watch for some of the awful lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") and action/mutant scenes.

Iceman was awful though.

I tried to re-watch the 3rd the other day. Couldn't do it. Drives me crazy how bad it is.

15. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

The third one is fun to watch for some of the awful lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") .

To be fair, that line was just in it because of the rampant meme at the time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.