• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday as well and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I liked McAvoy and Fassbender as casting choices and they developed much more chemistry than I expected. All in all it was better than I had hoped.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
I watched it yesterday.
The movie should have been called Erik: first class.
Magneto is a badass with a deep story. We understand now why he's so awesome.
The way he destroyed order following human is both sad and great.

I wiould have prefered this movie. Not that I didn't like it, but I could have done without January Jones, any of the flying characters, and Havok. Would have been better if they cut some of the fat from the story and focused more on Erik/Xavier (who were the best parts of the movie).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
Alot of continuity errors in the movie. Xavier is shown walking in the other x-men and in Wolverine in a flash back/in the 80s time line) Emma Frost is going through a Benjamin Button thing (In Wolverine she was a Kid).

IIRC, this is suppose to be a somewhat of a reboot. I might bethinking of another movie though but that would sure help explain the inconsistencies.

When Charles used Cerebro to look for mutants, they showed Scott as practically the same age (or just a couple of years younger) he was in the Wolverine movie.

humza

Reaction score
Awesome movie. The flying characters looked dorky, though. Magneto was so badass!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How did Jennifer Lawrence's butt look in this movie? Delicious, I hope?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a butt shot but pic might still be worth posting for some.
cxId5.jpg

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Not a butt shot but pic might still be worth posting for some.
cxId5.jpg

She is so sexy that I want to stick my hard penis into her soft ******. She has such a wonderful baby-birthin' figure. You just know she is capable of birthing some big, strong heirs to my fortune.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked everything that had to do with Charlie and Eric. Everything else kind of blew. The bromance was nailed. I was ready for them to start kissing. Made me warm and cuddly feeling after the bit with the giant dish.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished seeing it. I'll be honest, I didn't have much hopes going into it, but I actually enjoyed it a lot more. Magneto was definitely my favorite in it, a serious bad ass. The Charles/Erik friendship was done very well. Loved Rose Byrne's first scene
bounce2.gif

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Forgot to mention that is SF related, Fassbender/Erik/Magneto was stylin in this movie.

Agreed. He looked great. Charles has a shawl sweater on for a goo.d portion of the movie that looked pretty good too

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Saw it yesterday as well and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I liked McAvoy and Fassbender as casting choices and they developed much more chemistry than I expected. All in all it was better than I had hoped.

Originally Posted by humza
Awesome movie. The flying characters looked dorky, though. Magneto was so badass!

Originally Posted by Anthony K
Just finished seeing it. I'll be honest, I didn't have much hopes going into it, but I actually enjoyed it a lot more. Magneto was definitely my favorite in it, a serious bad ass. The Charles/Erik friendship was done very well. Loved Rose Byrne's first scene
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
really enjoyed it.
not perfect, but very solid.

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Saw it last night and very much enjoyed it.

All of this.
Easily one of Marvel's best films.
(Yeah, I know that's not saying much.)

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really disliked the film. I was extremely hyped for it and it was way below my expectations. I wanted more Xavier/Erik and less everything else.

Also I laughed really hard when shaw said humans would enslave mutants, and it cut to Darwin.

Shame because i really loved Kickass and Layer Cake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads