• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

M Parenti

Reaction score
they bought the super fun stuff. hbt pinstripe, those snaps, the knit beachcloth vest and hunting jacket. so so cool.

Last edited:

goalaso

Reaction score
Just discovered Wythe had its own thread here, after missing out on both the gray and brown raglan herringbone coats in small. In case anyone isn't liking their size small, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. It would be my primary coat, so I guess I'm in the minority per the earlier debate

Bingham

Reaction score
don't have that but do have a cream I was going to return. and if anyone has a khaki, i'll take it — supposedly has a lower crown
yeah- I just returned one in royal. bit too tall for me as well- that's why I was hoping for a navy. Wythe sent out an email a few weeks back mentioning the hat restock and more coming later in the season so hopefully that's the case.

espen

Reaction score
Wearing the snap flannel today

IMG_2715.jpg

espen

Reaction score
Also, good interview with Peter that I think helps illuminate things like the fit, and ethos a bit more:

https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/wythe-fall-style

So you're basically advocating for more shirts?

Yeah, I think my preference over the vest or an outer layer is really just having two shirts or a t-shirt, another shirt, and then an outer shirt as well. I think it allows you to play with patterns and textures and colors and things like that a lot easier.

And you don't always have to buy more clothes to do that — you can buy two shirts and you kind of figure out, alright, if one doesn't fit underneath the other then you reverse it and it'll probably work. That's what I'm going for with the moleskin or the pearl snap — to make it equally good as the first layer against your skin or over a t-shirt or thermal or another shirt, as well.

Would you size up some of your shirts in that case?

Yeah, I think — and this is from emailing with a lot of my customers too — a lot of the guys originally were buying either their true size or a size down because they just wanted a slim fit, and then realizing that that was kind of limiting. I definitely think if you're a person that is seeing it and thinking "I always want that on the outside," it definitely makes sense. For me personally, I'm buying the same size across the board.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, good interview with Peter that I think helps illuminate things like the fit, and ethos a bit more:

https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/wythe-fall-style

So you're basically advocating for more shirts?

Yeah, I think my preference over the vest or an outer layer is really just having two shirts or a t-shirt, another shirt, and then an outer shirt as well. I think it allows you to play with patterns and textures and colors and things like that a lot easier.

And you don't always have to buy more clothes to do that — you can buy two shirts and you kind of figure out, alright, if one doesn't fit underneath the other then you reverse it and it'll probably work. That's what I'm going for with the moleskin or the pearl snap — to make it equally good as the first layer against your skin or over a t-shirt or thermal or another shirt, as well.

Would you size up some of your shirts in that case?

Yeah, I think — and this is from emailing with a lot of my customers too — a lot of the guys originally were buying either their true size or a size down because they just wanted a slim fit, and then realizing that that was kind of limiting. I definitely think if you're a person that is seeing it and thinking "I always want that on the outside," it definitely makes sense. For me personally, I'm buying the same size across the board.

This is where comfort and style diverge for me and I hate it. The thought of wearing three shirts indoors makes me sweat just thinking about it.

Octobab

Reaction score
yeah- I just returned one in royal. bit too tall for me as well- that's why I was hoping for a navy. Wythe sent out an email a few weeks back mentioning the hat restock and more coming later in the season so hopefully that's the case.

Sending mine back as well for the same reason. I'm guessing the idea was a kind of Ayrton Senna sort of vibe (with the slight motorsport theme this season), but the overall effect was just rediculous.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the snap flannel today

View attachment 1696924

Been wearing mine a bunch lately. Love this shirt so much. I'm in L.A. right now and even though it's been in the 70s, been wearing this as an overshirt and it's perfect.

Wythe is seriously killing it lately. Wearing the chambray work shirt today :)

espen

Reaction score
Been wearing mine a bunch lately. Love this shirt so much. I'm in L.A. right now and even though it's been in the 70s, been wearing this as an overshirt and it's perfect.

Wythe is seriously killing it lately. Wearing the chambray work shirt today :)

Debating going back and getting the Sand Dunes color as well.

Bingham

Reaction score
this may have been answered- but do we know when Wythe will restock the moleskin pearl snaps on their site?

Octobab

Reaction score
New stuff on the website, including the striped overalls with the incredible back-logo from the lookbook. Unfortunately though, it looks it may not have made it to the workshirt version ):

Attachments

• 2DF23D00-7A2A-4FD7-9C6A-261C10D2E23E_1_105_c_1024x1024.jpg
    2DF23D00-7A2A-4FD7-9C6A-261C10D2E23E_1_105_c_1024x1024.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 113

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads