• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

MeatFish

Reaction score
Looking at the pearl snap flannels. Do you guys size down or go tts? I mean, the chest for a large which is my usual size is really big…
Tried this on yesterday and wouldn’t rec sizing down. I’d probably size up for how I’d want to wear it, but I think most can go tts

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the shoulders seem very narrow compared to the chest... ?‍♂️

Yeah... I normally take an XL with Wythe. The tencel snap fits well, but the work shirt is pretty loose, but still works. The measurements for the large in the snap flannel seems to be pretty much the same as my work shirt XL. I was afraid that if I went with XL, it would just be baggy, in a bad way. The sleeves seem perfect on the large as well.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest potential issue with the new pattern/sizing IMO is the sleeve length, and that's because the cuffs are quite wide. Wider than most shirt cuffs. So they can slide down the wrist and hand if they're too long. The wider and boxy body is cool - no worries there.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest potential issue with the new pattern/sizing IMO is the sleeve length, and that's because the cuffs are quite wide. Wider than most shirt cuffs. So they can slide down the wrist and hand if they're too long. The wider and boxy body is cool - no worries there.

I hear you, but then you can just roll them I guess?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you, but then you can just roll them I guess?
Yes of course. If sleeve length is not a concern, then TTS or even sizing up (like Kenshawn did for our IG live) is going to be fine. You'll have that boxy silhouette that works well with that shirt style.

I always seem to end up rolling or pushing up my sleeves so sleeve length isn't a concern of mine, but something I'd highlight for others given the cuff width

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes of course. If sleeve length is not a concern, then TTS or even sizing up (like Kenshawn did for our IG live) is going to be fine. You'll have that boxy silhouette that works well with that shirt style.

I always seem to end up rolling or pushing up my sleeves so sleeve length isn't a concern of mine, but something I'd highlight for others given the cuff width

I am 186 cm, about 83 kg and usually wear 42 suits and 34'' waist jeans. Sounds like an L, right? Still not too boxy to tuck in sometimes?

jmiller123

Reaction score
When I tried the medium it was pretty boxy on my 40/41" chest and I'm thinking about trying a size down. @gdl203 are the measurements pretty exact on your virtusizer? The size looks fine except the chest might be too tight. On the Wythe website the small is measured at 21.5" which could work for me.

Agreed with the wide cuff-The sleeves seemed really long to me and went to about my knuckles. Although I prefer a 33-34" sleeve so YMMV.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am 186 cm, about 83 kg and usually wear 42 suits and 34'' waist jeans. Sounds like an L, right? Still not too boxy to tuck in sometimes?
Yea that's a Large

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. @gdl203 are the measurements pretty exact on your virtusizer?
I'm not sure how to answer that question every time it is asked... :confused2:

"no? we do our best to give inaccurate information because we want everyone to get the wrong size and then return it to us on our dime" ?

emptym

Reaction score
I don't know if you saw my earlier post, Greg, but it is possible to have snap cuffs narrowed. You just need to find compatible male snaps.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you saw my earlier post, Greg, but it is possible to have snap cuffs narrowed. You just need to find compatible male snaps.
Yes, it is possible. Just not as simple as moving a regular button. And most people prefer to just return a garment rather than explore alteration opportunities

jmiller123

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to answer that question every time it is asked... :confused2:

"no? we do our best to give inaccurate information because we want everyone to get the wrong size and then return it to us on our dime" ?
..Fair enough but there have been plenty of times I've ordered from various places online and found the measurements significantly off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads