• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

M Parenti

Reaction score
Great thank you Gus. Your suede boots look terrific and they are certainly in their natural element right there.

The Alden loafers you got are the LHS on the Van last or are they another one of the Alden loafers?

The boot jack is an excellent suggestion too! Thanks.
My man, he said he was an 11 in everything, wished he got an 11 in Alden, and the 11 in Wythe fit him perfectly. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How roomy is the shaft? Wonder what kinds of hems/taper they would accommodate.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How roomy is the shaft? Wonder what kinds of hems/taper they would accommodate.

I obviously don’t know about these particular boots but I’ve found cowboy boots work down to just around 8” leg opening. Maybe a hair less.The shafts are usually pretty pliable leather.

I think you may see people get sub 8” openings over cowboy boots but doesn’t usually look great IMO.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My man, he said he was an 11 in everything, wished he got an 11 in Alden, and the 11 in Wythe fit him perfectly. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?

I know you know this, but Aldens are built on different lasts, which have their own sizing requirements. Seems fine and normal to get as much sizing info as you can online before making a purchase, which can otherwise affect returns?

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a US11 in most dress shoes although an occasional 10.5 if it is an extra roomy last. I bought a pair of Alden loafers earlier this Spring and took a 10.5 at the suggestion of the shop owner and I regretted not getting the 11. I took the Wythe suede boot in an 11 and was glad I did. It is an easy fit which allows me to take it off and put it on without a major struggle. It is a very nice boot with classic good looks and construction. I am tempted to order the one in black as well.

Here is the suede version in action near my home:

View attachment 1643340

how "non slim" is your jeans, wonder if I can wear RRL Low straight with these (pretty *edit sure RRL slim for example won't work)

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the width of toebox, for example I’m generally 9.5D US, but I find say Alden Aberdeen in 9.5D too narrow in toebox and CJ 348 in 8.5E UK too narrow in toebox as well. Something like CJ 341 in UK 8.5E is good.

edit prefer not to order wider fit if I don’t have to, usually find too much heel slippage if I go wide

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How roomy is the shaft?

4FB0384B-A855-4E07-9574-876EB6A3A427.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have questions about the fit beyond basic size and have never bought cowboy boots before, I would recommend that you go to a store and try on similar shaped cowboy boot to see what works for you. This way you can decide if the heal height, width and shape of the toe, height of the overall boot is right for you.

I like the classic shape and style of my Wythe boots although I know many who prefer different shaped toe boxes, walking heals. Real cowboys around me almost all wear a broad square toe boot with rounded corners and low walking heals (and don't wear cowboy hats. They wear baseball style). But you won't see Ralph Lauren wearing that style

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
I just found out about Wythe today - it’s all quite charming isn’t it? I ordered the Evergreen over shirt and the twill chinos, unbleached. I wonder if they’ll look as nice as they do on the models in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads