• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get the camp socks? Are they soft? I find that WigWam's Cypress socks (the prototypical marled cotton socks) aren't soft, and I'm looking for an alternative.

I got the three pack from NMWA and love them. Definitely softer than your average marled cotton sock, but not uber soft. Maybe if uber soft is your goal, a different kind of sock might be better?

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Same as @LatAm - I got the three pack and like them a lot. I think they're great for the price. The colors are excellent.

notmandatory

Reaction score
A couple of Boots are now available for pre-order

M Parenti

Reaction score
This season’s tote is also very good. Matches the roper.

eddiemczee

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpeg
    IMG_0727.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 163

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would anyone who has last year's cowboy boots care to comment on the sizing? Compared to say, Alden? I read the sizing advice on the Wythe site, but some IRL data would be nice!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anyone who has last year's cowboy boots care to comment on the sizing? Compared to say, Alden? I read the sizing advice on the Wythe site, but some IRL data would be nice!

I wear a US11 in most dress shoes although an occasional 10.5 if it is an extra roomy last. I bought a pair of Alden loafers earlier this Spring and took a 10.5 at the suggestion of the shop owner and I regretted not getting the 11. I took the Wythe suede boot in an 11 and was glad I did. It is an easy fit which allows me to take it off and put it on without a major struggle. It is a very nice boot with classic good looks and construction. I am tempted to order the one in black as well.

Here is the suede version in action near my home:

IMG_6187.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting a boot jack as well. It makes pulling them off, especially when brand new, so easy. You can get these for $15 or even less.

IMG_6926.jpeg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a US11 in most dress shoes although an occasional 10.5 if it is an extra roomy last. I bought a pair of Alden loafers earlier this Spring and took a 10.5 at the suggestion of the shop owner and I regretted not getting the 11. I took the Wythe suede boot in an 11 and was glad I did. It is an easy fit which allows me to take it off and put it on without a major struggle. It is a very nice boot with classic good looks and construction. I am tempted to order the one in black as well.

Here is the suede version in action near my home:

View attachment 1643340
Great thank you Gus. Your suede boots look terrific and they are certainly in their natural element right there.

The Alden loafers you got are the LHS on the Van last or are they another one of the Alden loafers?

The boot jack is an excellent suggestion too! Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads