• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with Peter at Wythe. He said:

- The NMWA shirts have the same cut as the shirts on his site. When asked why do they have such different measurements, he says he's not sure, but it might be because of how the person measured them. He said that the back panel is much larger than the front. So when combined with the triple pleats, it may be because the person at NMWA measured across the front of the chest, whereas the person at his site measured at the back and with the pleats stretched out.

I ordered the Pines overshirt and now Im worried about the measurements. The website says 23" p2p on a M but it could be much smaller than that if this holds true.

We'll see when it arrives, I hope they have a replacement if their measurements are wrong..

M Parenti

Reaction score
I ordered the Pines overshirt and now Im worried about the measurements. The website says 23" p2p on a M but it could be much smaller than that if this holds true.

We'll see when it arrives, I hope they have a replacement if their measurements are wrong..
Different shirts entirely. Different factories too, if I’m not mistaken.

M Parenti

Reaction score
I guess I’ve always been puzzled by the problems styleforum has with sizing a shirt. I wear a L in shirts.

I was a L in the moleskin, I’m a L in the gab, and I’m a L in the chambray and pines jacquard overshirt.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not purchased anything from them before.

I like to have p2p on my shirts that are next to my skin around 21-21.5" so I got the overshirt to be the 23" p2p version. If it happens that the measurement is wrong and its 21 then its too tight for an overshirt. Thats the long and the short of it.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I guess I’ve always been puzzled by the problems styleforum has with sizing a shirt. I wear a L in shirts.

I was a L in the moleskin, I’m a L in the gab, and I’m a L in the chambray and pines jacquard overshirt.
Most people on here have bought / tried enough clothes to know that measurements and tagged size are only part of the story.

Measurement charts are helpful, but fabric, cut, and design details can drastically change the way the garment "fits". There's a reason online apparel returns hover around +30% and it's not because someone got confused whether they're a Size L or XS.

thesilentist

Reaction score
Some fit pics with the Wythe tencel pearl snap in off-white. Again, size large. I'm a 38" chest, 5'11", 16/35 shirt

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3927.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the tote, the tubular tees, and the socks all from NMWA and they're all great. Interested in the tencel shirt, may pick that up too. I straddle M and L depending on the brand and went with L in the tubular tees. I really like the fit, and I can't imagine going with a M.

thesilentist

Reaction score
What boots are these? They look really good

Tecovas, picked up after @dieworkwear wrote about them. The model is the Dean:
https://www.tecovas.com/products/the-dean?variant=29459501908077

I unfortunately sized wrong. I'm a US 11B on the brannock and they say to size down 1/2 size if you have narrow feet, so I bought a 10.5D. It's just a bit too tight across the top of the toes and the length. I should've just bought a size 11. Gave it a week or so to break in, but I'm going to toss them eBay and rebuy these in an 11.

So, uh, if anyone wants a deal on a size 10.5 hit my DMs!

espen

Reaction score
Looks good, dude!

Thanks! It's comfy as hell. I think the sizing concerns should be relatively ok unless you are really a borderline case. Even then, I'm a M or L, depending on the manufacturer, and there is a slight sense I could have gotten away with a M.

Also, word of warning for Canucks, duties will STING. I got dinged for $90, so I'm in on this shirt for $370 CDN!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics