• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Moleskin shirt worth the wait
439BA8A4-3827-4878-98F6-9EDBE95E5016.jpeg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see some fit pics of the military chinos. They're almost certainly too baggy for me but I want to want them.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see some fit pics of the military chinos. They're almost certainly too baggy for me but I want to want them.

I can post one once I get my pair. I'm generally between sizes, so I went down to the lower end of the spectrum for me. Hoping they work well! They look awesome.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can post one once I get my pair. I'm generally between sizes, so I went down to the lower end of the spectrum for me. Hoping they work well! They look awesome.

Probably going to be sold out (on NMWA at least) long before yours even ships, but I appreciate it!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did people take their regular size in the Western? Or did they size up? I'm looking at the new Tencels and the size seems to run very slim.

@eddiemczee curious what size you took.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did people take their regular size in the Western? Or did they size up? I'm looking at the new Tencels and the size seems to run very slim.

I'm also sort of between sizes on tops. I can wear a large and if tops run fuller, I generally go for a large. Here, I went XL, but mainly because when I've tried Wythe in the past, shoulders were on the smaller side.

notmandatory

Reaction score
I took my regular size (small) in the chamois western. Ordered a tencel one from NMWA today (also in small). Will update once it arrives.

eddiemczee

Reaction score

I took my regular size (medium) in the moleskin. I like the fit a lot but I will say it was a little slimmer than I expected. Looking at the moleskin measurements compared to the tencel, I guess the tencel is about .4 inch slimmer for small/medium? I'd probably still take my standard size, though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I bought one of the cream gab shirts in a size up. I figured the shirt could look cool if it's a little loose and flowy.

Googling around, I found some photos. I assume this is the fit in the model's actual size?

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.01.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.01.53 AM.png

And maybe this is a size up?

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 12.57.42 AM.png

170787043_200191718280372_793038420777472468_n.jpg

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I bought one of the cream gab shirts in a size up. I figured the shirt could look cool if it's a little loose and flowy.

Googling around, I found some photos. I assume this is the fit in the model's actual size?

View attachment 1590580 View attachment 1590581

And maybe this is a size up?

View attachment 1590577

View attachment 1590579

The chest measurements on the wythe website say 22 inches for a size small, which seems larger than a usual size small. I got a small and am hoping for the looser fit.

I ended up getting the light blue, it looks interesting, but I can't tell if that's because of the light in the photo:

1618613680876.png

There's also this, which doesn't seem as interesting, but I can't tell if this is light blue or the lilac:

1618613744736.png

Lilac looks light blue to me as well and definitely not purple:
1618613859812.png

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The chest measurements on the wythe website say 22 inches for a size small, which seems larger than a usual size small. I got a small and am hoping for the looser fit.

I ended up getting the light blue, it looks interesting, but I can't tell if that's because of the light in the photo:

View attachment 1594837

There's also this, which doesn't seem as interesting, but I can't tell if this is light blue or the lilac:

View attachment 1594838

Wow, that light blue looks great. So does the other blue on offer.

The measurements seem strange to me. When I ordered off NMWA, the small was something like 20.5" pit to pit. That seems very slim to me, so I ordered a medium. Hope I didn't screw up.

I'm supposed to get mine this Monday. I'll confirm measurements on here when I get it.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wanted the evergreen. I kept going back and forth on that and lilac (or slightly darker blue?). Waited too long and the evergreen was gone by then. Interested in seeing what other colors they do in the popover. It looks like there is at least a white in addition to the NMWA release colors.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish these westerns had a longer point collar and a western yoke. I do like the shape of the pockets and flaps, though.

M Parenti

Reaction score
Really wanted the evergreen. I kept going back and forth on that and lilac (or slightly darker blue?). Waited too long and the evergreen was gone by then. Interested in seeing what other colors they do in the popover. It looks like there is at least a white in addition to the NMWA release colors.
It’s yellow/creamish

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads