• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much to say except the western is as good as advertised
26DB8993-E1F8-407E-A690-EDB5D08E6089.jpeg
594F0D65-FA4D-482E-821F-C955526A0AF6.jpeg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will also throw some shade - the oxfords are just OK. They're made in portugal, which isn't a huge deal, but I find them to be not as good as the MiUSA ones from O'Connell's at $145, both from a construction and fabric perspective if you're just getting a plain blue or white one. Wythe definitely fit slimmer, it's not a classic OCBD fit. The Wythe measurements on the website are stretched out and pull the pleat/gusset on the back flat.

For $150, it's just OK.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@#dadcore @Newcomer what size did y'all take in the western and what's your normal size? seems like there's been a fair bit of returns because they run quite slim?

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am between M and L depending on brand. That olive is a M. I also got a brown in L. The large honestly fits better, but the olive is still workable. If you are on the border I think sizing up makes sense, because it is very thick material and that doesn’t jive exactly with a slim fit shirt.

thesilentist

Reaction score
I've bought the moleskin western shirt in a Medium (and I typically wear medium in most brands). Sleeves ended up being a bit short because the shoulders were a bit too narrow. Sent it back to exchange for a Large. The body fit fine in the chest/waist on the Medium. Might be slightly oversized on the Large, but I'm fine with it as it'll be more like an overshirt layer, which is how I wanted to wear it.

Their customer service is very responsible, however, and open to feedback on fit! It's the brand's first season, so I totally get them working some kinks out!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kjb I am between a medium and a large and a large almost always works best for me (I’m a slim large). I took a large, and it works perfectly. Kinda baffled by the sizing issues to be honest ha.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The measurements on their site for the moleskin shirt gave the impression that the fit might be more generous, namely the chest, than it apparently is. Problem is, there's no shoulder measurements provided, and if those fit slimmer, then that would naturally affect the overall fit of the shirt.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed their customer service and they gave me shoulder widths of 18.5" for large and 19" for extra large. Pretty narrow, in my opinion

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For sure. I pretty much can't do anything below 18.5" for the shoulders without losing a lot of mobility and I don't have particularly wide shoulders.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this brand is definitely not for me, but I have to giggle every time I see the threads name, good job @troika
Have not handled anything from the line. But other than the coat No Man ordered, I find the line a bit uninspiring. A bit RRL-lite.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have not handled anything from the line. But other than the coat No Man ordered, I find the line a bit uninspiring. A bit RRL-lite.

I like it. I feel it straddles the "city cowboy" look well, whereas RRL mostly looks like you're at the ranch.

Was looking forward to trying their OCBDs until I saw @troika's review.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hopefully the guys here can make Wythe look a little better than some people make RRL look. :hide:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads