• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
any word on whether the wythe balmacaan is going to be released in brown and cream like last year? Or is this salt and pepper and the brown Casentino it for this round?

goalaso

Reaction score
any word on whether the wythe balmacaan is going to be released in brown and cream like last year? Or is this salt and pepper and the brown Casentino it for this round?
I believe it will soon be released in a darker more orange and brown herringbone, but not the light cream and brown like last year

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you to whomever returned this, I am really happy despite my expression.
ADB20DCA-8EBB-4B03-B724-13B6A16022D2_1_201_a.jpeg

-DL

espen

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the Bedford cords this season? How is the stretch on the waist? Any other sizing advice? Also; good to carry through the Spring?

jaaz16

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the Bedford cords this season? How is the stretch on the waist? Any other sizing advice? Also; good to carry through the Spring?

I definitely think they can work in the spring. They’re more like the weight of regular 12.5 ounce jeans than heavy cords for the winter.

I found them to be true to size: I like my pants waist to be somewhere around 17 ish (17-17.5) inches across and a 34 was right on. TBH I didn’t quite get the sizing advice on the site about stretch and all of that. I mean I guess they maybe stretch a bit but it was more like cotton conforming to your body. I think the copy on the site compared them to Levi’s 501s, which is a good comparison in terms of fit (though the cords have a slightly wider leg opening).

My only complaint is that they don’t drape super nice. When I’m standing there are all sorts of folds and creases and lines and stuff. They’re kinda stiff. I’m thinking if I keep wearing and washing it’ll eventually look better/more natural though.

jmiller123

Reaction score
I definitely think they can work in the spring. They’re more like the weight of regular 12.5 ounce jeans than heavy cords for the winter.

I found them to be true to size: I like my pants waist to be somewhere around 17 ish (17-17.5) inches across and a 34 was right on. TBH I didn’t quite get the sizing advice on the site about stretch and all of that. I mean I guess they maybe stretch a bit but it was more like cotton conforming to your body. I think the copy on the site compared them to Levi’s 501s, which is a good comparison in terms of fit (though the cords have a slightly wider leg opening).

My only complaint is that they don’t drape super nice. When I’m standing there are all sorts of folds and creases and lines and stuff. They’re kinda stiff. I’m thinking if I keep wearing and washing it’ll eventually look better/more natural though.
This is good to know. Would you say that they stretch in the waist around an inch or so, similar to denim? I need a finished waist after stretch to be around 32" so I was thinking of grabbing a size 31

jaaz16

Reaction score
This is good to know. Would you say that they stretch in the waist around an inch or so, similar to denim? I need a finished waist after stretch to be around 32" so I was thinking of grabbing a size 31

Maybe, but I think a little less than an inch all around, more like half an inch. To be fair I have only worn them 3 times and washed twice (only air dry), so I’ve only had one repeat wear, so to speak, in which I could experience the stretch.

another way to put it, I was debating between the 33 vs 34 and I think the 34 was the right call, especially given that I plan to regularly wash. I have thiccc thighs too, so keep that in mind here translating to your own situation.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Maybe, but I think a little less than an inch all around, more like half an inch. To be fair I have only worn them 3 times and washed twice (only air dry), so I’ve only had one repeat wear, so to speak, in which I could experience the stretch.

another way to put it, I was debating between the 33 vs 34 and I think the 34 was the right call, especially given that I plan to regularly wash. I have thiccc thighs too, so keep that in mind here translating to your own situation.
Awesome, thanks for the help :fistbump:

NautOfEarth

Reaction score

34 is exactly the size I was looking at but was concerned about the thigh measurement being too small. If you don't mind, could you measure the thigh on your pair?

jaaz16

Reaction score
34 is exactly the size I was looking at but was concerned about the thigh measurement being too small. If you don't mind, could you measure the thigh on your pair?

No problem, I will try and remember when I get home. I'm going to guess 12.5, though it's possible the measurements on most sites are right and it's 12.25 across for a 34. I'd add that there is definitely a little give/stretch to them, more so than selvedge denim, as you can see by the ripples around my knees and thighs in this photo:

Happy New Year everyone!

IM/Document/Jamieson’s/Wythe

View attachment 1875005
Thanks to the NMWA team + the inspo in this thread for dramatically increasing the “ooooh that looks good” comments from my wife this year.

espen

Reaction score
Good intel! Can I ask your height/weight?

jaaz16

Reaction score
5'9" height and had to get the pants hemmed. Weight is a great question (lol)....175 pounds? Haven't weighed myself in a while and fingers crossed I'm under 180, but certainly above 170. I wear mostly medium, sometimes size up to larges, and need pants at least 17" across but once I get to 17.5" or more, I need a belt. I also have a relatively flat bottom, which is another point of reference since we're getting really deep on the details of my body 🤣

Levi's 501s are your best comparison for these, overall.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Ok, as promised, size 34 is 12.5 across the widest part of the upper thigh, about 12.25 if you measure from 1” down from the center seam. So yeah, they’re slim-straight on me, certified member of the thiccc thigh club. If you need 12.5-13 for a size 34, I’d size up or skip this particular cut.
BD62489D-1614-4842-964E-6A67607C3433.jpeg 1D024A81-1696-457F-A4B7-CA3BB6487208.jpeg

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Ok, as promised, size 34 is 12.5 across the widest part of the upper thigh, about 12.25 if you measure from 1” down from the center seam. So yeah, they’re slim-straight on me, certified member of the thiccc thigh club. If you need 12.5-13 for a size 34, I’d size up or skip this particular cut.
View attachment 1882708 View attachment 1882709

Thanks! Seeing that, I think I'll go the Luxire route for a pair of cords. I have to have 13" minimum.

tgaith77

Reaction score
Is the inseam on those bedfords as short as it would suggest? I'm looking at the 36s in olive and at NMWA, it shows a 31.5 inseam. I'm 6'1" and that's likely too short, although a larger top block with a decent rise can make it work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads