• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any shrinkage to expect from the molsekins?

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, dunno if this has been other people's experience as well, but I found the moleskin westerns to fit a full size smaller than the flannel versions.

View attachment 1705677
That sounds right. People have been sizing down a size in the flannels

jaaz16

Reaction score
Hey guys, dunno if this has been other people's experience as well, but I found the moleskin westerns to fit a full size smaller than the flannel versions.

View attachment 1705677
Yes. In the moleskins, I tried two sizes and liked the size up in the chest (more slouchy), but the arm openings and length were wayyyyy too big. The TTS for me was "correct" but I found it a touch slim in the chest/shoulders for my current preferences. It's a great shirt though!

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. In the moleskins, I tried two sizes and liked the size up in the chest (more slouchy), but the arm openings and length were wayyyyy too big. The TTS for me was "correct" but I found it a touch slim in the chest/shoulders for my current preferences. It's a great shirt though!
Hello it me, your friendly local sausage in a moleskin casing

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the flannels, there shouldn't be shrinkage. I imagine the moleskin is the same. Wythe's stuff is typically pretty washed already

Octobab

Reaction score
So Flannels = size down, molskines = TTS (or up).

Has anyone bought one of the herringbone work shirts yet?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Flannels = size down, molskines = TTS (or up).

Has anyone bought one of the herringbone work shirts yet?
I thought flannels = tts? At least that's what seems to be the received wisdom in the nwma thread and from Wythe directly.

@gdl203?

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's flannels = size down and moleskins = TTS

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's flannels = size down and moleskins = TTS
"intended fit"

1637490972229.png

Also, 18'' shoulder measurement for a size M, if this does indeed equate to a size L ("size down"), is pretty damn small imho.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"intended fit"

View attachment 1707333

Also, 18'' shoulder measurement for a size M, if this does indeed equate to a size L ("size down"), is pretty damn small imho.
Just saying what everyone else said at the top of this page. I think most people have sized down on the flannel and went TTS for moleskin.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saying what everyone else said at the top of this page. I think most people have sized down on the flannel and went TTS for moleskin.
I get it. But saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it right. :fence:

I am gonna stick to my guns on this one! ?

...might just be to order the size you need depending on the fit you are looking for. It's a crazy idea for sure, but it might just work!

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members