• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't washed mine yet, but I plan on warm washing and low tumble drying. I'd like a little shrinkage, but not much.
Thanks. Saw another one of your posts about sleeve length. It's just right for me too so was curious if they'll shrink

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick PSA about the tencel shirts
I seem to have killed the magic of mine by machine washing it. It lost a lot of its lustre and smoothness and now wrinkles much more easily and doesn't drape like it did before. It pretty much looks and behaves like cotton now. I put it through a delicate cycle but I did throw some oxiclean in, which might have been a bad move.

I would be judicious about how you choose to wash them

Salad

Reaction score
Just a quick PSA about the tencel shirts
I seem to have killed the magic of mine by machine washing it. It lost a lot of its lustre and smoothness and now wrinkles much more easily and doesn't drape like it did before. It pretty much looks and behaves like cotton now. I put it through a delicate cycle but I did throw some oxiclean in, which might have been a bad move.

I would be judicious about how you choose to wash them
I think mine shrunk a tiny bit. I've handwashed it twice with Woolite and hang dryed. Still has it's sheen but it seems like it's a tad smaller. Still fits so I'm not mad but I thought it strange because I didn't think tencel would shrink.

jaaz16

Reaction score
FWIW I washed my tencel garbardine on delicate in a mesh garment bag and it came out just fine. It feels a little denser but has the same drape and size as before.

jmiller123

Reaction score
That's a strong collection. That herringbone overcoat is amazing.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where does one get that coat? Will it be available on the Wythe website?

M Parenti

Reaction score
if i recall it should be sold on the wythe site. one of the colors anyways.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think we're the only ones who bought it.

but @M Parenti would know better

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.