• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
I'm normally an 11D but a 10 in Alden loafers (666) 😬 ymmv

M Parenti

Reaction score
Great thank you Gus. Your suede boots look terrific and they are certainly in their natural element right there.

The Alden loafers you got are the LHS on the Van last or are they another one of the Alden loafers?

The boot jack is an excellent suggestion too! Thanks.
My man, he said he was an 11 in everything, wished he got an 11 in Alden, and the 11 in Wythe fit him perfectly. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How roomy is the shaft? Wonder what kinds of hems/taper they would accommodate.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How roomy is the shaft? Wonder what kinds of hems/taper they would accommodate.
I obviously don’t know about these particular boots but I’ve found cowboy boots work down to just around 8” leg opening. Maybe a hair less.The shafts are usually pretty pliable leather.

I think you may see people get sub 8” openings over cowboy boots but doesn’t usually look great IMO.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My man, he said he was an 11 in everything, wished he got an 11 in Alden, and the 11 in Wythe fit him perfectly. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?
I know you know this, but Aldens are built on different lasts, which have their own sizing requirements. Seems fine and normal to get as much sizing info as you can online before making a purchase, which can otherwise affect returns?

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a US11 in most dress shoes although an occasional 10.5 if it is an extra roomy last. I bought a pair of Alden loafers earlier this Spring and took a 10.5 at the suggestion of the shop owner and I regretted not getting the 11. I took the Wythe suede boot in an 11 and was glad I did. It is an easy fit which allows me to take it off and put it on without a major struggle. It is a very nice boot with classic good looks and construction. I am tempted to order the one in black as well.

Here is the suede version in action near my home:

View attachment 1643340
how "non slim" is your jeans, wonder if I can wear RRL Low straight with these (pretty *edit sure RRL slim for example won't work)

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the width of toebox, for example I’m generally 9.5D US, but I find say Alden Aberdeen in 9.5D too narrow in toebox and CJ 348 in 8.5E UK too narrow in toebox as well. Something like CJ 341 in UK 8.5E is good.

edit prefer not to order wider fit if I don’t have to, usually find too much heel slippage if I go wide

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you have questions about the fit beyond basic size and have never bought cowboy boots before, I would recommend that you go to a store and try on similar shaped cowboy boot to see what works for you. This way you can decide if the heal height, width and shape of the toe, height of the overall boot is right for you.

I like the classic shape and style of my Wythe boots although I know many who prefer different shaped toe boxes, walking heals. Real cowboys around me almost all wear a broad square toe boot with rounded corners and low walking heals (and don't wear cowboy hats. They wear baseball style). But you won't see Ralph Lauren wearing that style

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
I just found out about Wythe today - it’s all quite charming isn’t it? I ordered the Evergreen over shirt and the twill chinos, unbleached. I wonder if they’ll look as nice as they do on the models in person.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.