• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.wetailor.com

rs232

Reaction score
I thought, after recently buying a made-to-measure suit from wetailor, that I would do a write up. No pictures, for the moment, mainly because I'm so embarrassed at the workmanship. I originally bought it here: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/snoozewithme/ - so yes, this is an ebay job. The business is registered in South Australia by Philippe Galliano, and also operates out of http://www.wetailor.com/. Prices suggested cheap construction (ie fully fused), but never the less, I though I would get something of equivalent quality to what you'd find in a department store. There's a fair bit of positive feedback - though, with over 2 months passed since I paid for it before it arrived, my chance to leave feedback is gone. Cost was AUD250 for a super 120s worsted charcoal pinstripe suit, and tie. One button, single-breasted. The fabric comprised AUD120 to the cost. What went wrong: * The suit is cut so that unless you slouch, the back of the lapel sits 1 cm out away from the collar. It is also too low, such that the whole collar shows. This was despite specifying for it to be cut for an erect posture! * The jacket buttons in a crooked manner - ie one shoulder is sewn higher than the other. * The lining was the wrong colour. I asked for navy, I got purple. * The lapel and pocket openings have a slither of plastic sewn through them ... for no good reason? * Under the lapel you will find not felt, but a messy cut of the wool, with something stiff and hard sewn in behind it. * The stitching looks it was done by someone learning to sew. Seriously - ragged corners, stitching that doesn't follow the edge, frayed button holes ... * The waist was about 5-7cm too big. I did not order an 87cm waist! * The tie was sewn all the way down the back (so can't stretch properly - anyone would think they'd never seen a tie before), and made without interlining. The join is not in the middle, but rather 20cm from the little end, whereupon the width suddenly jumps to be about 5mm smaller. * Trouser pockets were made from coarse, stiff nylon. * The waistband was stitched together such that it didn't meet in the middle evenly. One free alteration is included in the price of the garment. I dare not take them up on this, only for the garment to come back even more butchered. I will have to slowly unpick what I can change, and make the best of a bad job. The thing that disappoints me most is that it's such a nice fabric...

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahk, can you post pictures??

I started a thread about these guys a while back and got few replies.

kaine

Reaction score
It's sad that you had such a bad jod done with your suit, but for that price you have to expect that kind of thing.
I think with these guys, it's a bad idea to buy through ebay. Instead you should go straight through their site.
I have ordered one three piece suit and a cotton blazer from them and both have turned out very well. The suit (my first order) has a few problems with fit, but is fully canvassed, well made and pretty much exactly what i asked for. The blazer is a perfect fit and quite shapely (it is a db too). They followed my very specific instructions to the letter.
They do make mistakes with measurements and various requests, but in my experience their stuff is really well made for the price, with nice construction and very decent fabric.

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaine
I think with these guys, it's a bad idea to buy through ebay. Instead you should go straight through their site.
What's the difference?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burn the garment and out it all down to experience.

kaine

Reaction score
You end up paying a couple of hundred less, so i figure they'll cut as many corners as they can. Plus any additional features (even vents) incur a surcharge. Emailing directly, i've had no problems of any kind.

TAYLOR

Reaction score
I also ordered with those guys and I was satisfied.
Buying through Ebay, they charged you for extras that you do not pay if you buy through their web. I think you have paid 250 Australian Dollars which is so cheap and I am pretty sure this price included delivery. Anyway what I know is you get canvas if you pay for it. If you do not ask and pay the extra charge, your suit comes fused. When I ordered my suit every details I asked for were precisely respected. Colors, measurement... etc... give a maximum of details when ordering and pay the price. Return your suit if you are not ok with the job done.
If you buy on Ebay, pay for the extras, don't be stingy and I am sure you'll be fine. That's what I've done. 250 AU$! Come on man! Have you looked at the price in a store? It's cheaper than a suit made a 1000 times in China and sold with a label on it.

clothing snob

Reaction score
My name is Nathan Shrewsbury. I ordered a Bespoke suit from the www.wetailor.com on eBay and I am very satisfied with it. I selected a charcoal two button with a single vent and notched lapels. When I selected my fabric, I was given the choice of soft or thick, and chose thick. For what I paid, I did not intend to receive as high a quality of fabric as I received since he did offer higher qualities than what I bought. I expected those lousy pocket flap indentations that indicate a thin fabric that will wrinkle within 1 hour of wear, but this was not the case with my suit. (I have actually seen some pretty expensive suits that suffer from this problem). The only suit I have that is noticeably superior in fabric quality to the one I received is a Canali that retails for over $1100 off the rack at Neiman Marcus. I can post pictures and you can judge for yourself. The workmanship was excellent. The suit fit exactly and I am not a typical shape. I have an unusual leg shape, in that I can go to the gym once a year and still squat 400 pounds. Because of my leg size, I cannot even wear Hugo Boss suits due the way the legs are cut (I ran into a salesman at Neiman who had the same issue). The pants and jacket fit perfectly and the suit had a nice drape. You cannot always expect an exact fit from sending off measurements. A good local tailor can make a special trial suit jacket to insure the measurements, but no one in my local area provides this level of service. This just means that the suit vendor should be willing to take it back and make adjustments. The lining was an appropriate color, as I had specified none. There was hand pick stitching on the lapel per my request, and on the pockets as well. I do not know what everyone here calls “extras,” but my suit included at no extra charge: 1)\tTicket pocket 2)\tHand pick stitching on lapel and pockets 3)\tMonogramming on my suit and shirts Other Australian tailors that market internationally charge for this, which is one of the reasons I gave This tailor a chance. Here is the extra I paid for: 1)\tFull Lining of pants 2)\tThai Silk lining (Pants and suit jacket). 3)\tTwo tailored shirts I was glad to pay extra for these. I paid under 280 US Dollars for all this including shipping to the states. \tI THINK THE POSTER WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IS ONE OF THIS TAILOR’S COMPETITORS. He knows an awful lot about construction of clothing (except for ties), as I do, but he is talking about making adjustments to the clothing himself which is beyond the capacity of most. He said “I will have to slowly unpick what I can change, and make the best of a bad job.” Why is someone who can do that ordering suits from a tailor he doesn’t know? Why did he also fail to post picture, and by his own admission fail to take advantage of the remedy offered by the tailor? And after all this, why does he still say that he plans to wear the suit (“…make the best of a bad job.”). He is too embarrassed to post photos of someone else’s “bad job,” but he is planning to wear it publicly when he represents himself as someone who knows what the back side of a tie is supposed to look like. There are too many inconsistencies here for me to take this criticism seriously, but even if I did, it simply does not conform to my own experience. This tailor saved me over $700 off of what I should have paid and probably $200-$300 over his competitors. I may give one of his competitors a try in the future, but I certainly plan to continue doing business with to this tailor. My colleges are asking about him and I am recommending him( though I would almost rather keep him to myself).

heard546

Reaction score
I find it strange that a new member would come out of no where to defend an online tailor. If you can post pictures of the suit, and let the forum members decide for themselves if this suit is as good as you post.
-tony

Originally Posted by clothing snob
My name is Nathan Shrewsbury. I ordered a Bespoke suit from the www.wetailor.com on eBay and I am very satisfied with it. I selected a charcoal two button with a single vent and notched lapels.
When I selected my fabric, I was given the choice of soft or thick, and chose thick. For what I paid, I did not intend to receive as high a quality of fabric as I received since he did offer higher qualities than what I bought. I expected those lousy pocket flap indentations that indicate a thin fabric that will wrinkle within 1 hour of wear, but this was not the case with my suit. (I have actually seen some pretty expensive suits that suffer from this problem). The only suit I have that is noticeably superior in fabric quality to the one I received is a Canali that retails for over $1100 off the rack at Neiman Marcus. I can post pictures and you can judge for yourself.
The workmanship was excellent. The suit fit exactly and I am not a typical shape. I have an unusual leg shape, in that I can go to the gym once a year and still squat 400 pounds. Because of my leg size, I cannot even wear Hugo Boss suits due the way the legs are cut (I ran into a salesman at Neiman who had the same issue). The pants and jacket fit perfectly and the suit had a nice drape. You cannot always expect an exact fit from sending off measurements. A good local tailor can make a special trial suit jacket to insure the measurements, but no one in my local area provides this level of service. This just means that the suit vendor should be willing to take it back and make adjustments.
The lining was an appropriate color, as I had specified none. There was hand pick stitching on the lapel per my request, and on the pockets as well.

I do not know what everyone here calls "extras," but my suit included at no extra charge:
1)\tTicket pocket
2)\tHand pick stitching on lapel and pockets
3)\tMonogramming on my suit and shirts
Other Australian tailors that market internationally charge for this, which is one of the reasons I gave This tailor a chance.

Here is the extra I paid for:
1)\tFull Lining of pants
2)\tThai Silk lining (Pants and suit jacket).
3)\tTwo tailored shirts

I was glad to pay extra for these. I paid under 280 US Dollars for all this including shipping to the states.

\tI THINK THE POSTER WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IS ONE OF THIS TAILOR'S COMPETITORS. He knows an awful lot about construction of clothing (except for ties), as I do, but he is talking about making adjustments to the clothing himself which is beyond the capacity of most. He said "I will have to slowly unpick what I can change, and make the best of a bad job." Why is someone who can do that ordering suits from a tailor he doesn't know? Why did he also fail to post picture, and by his own admission fail to take advantage of the remedy offered by the tailor? And after all this, why does he still say that he plans to wear the suit ("...make the best of a bad job."). He is too embarrassed to post photos of someone else's "bad job," but he is planning to wear it publicly when he represents himself as someone who knows what the back side of a tie is supposed to look like. There are too many inconsistencies here for me to take this criticism seriously, but even if I did, it simply does not conform to my own experience.
This tailor saved me over $700 off of what I should have paid and probably $200-$300 over his competitors. I may give one of his competitors a try in the future, but I certainly plan to continue doing business with to this tailor. My colleges are asking about him and I am recommending him( though I would almost rather keep him to myself).

flipster

Reaction score
PICS PLEASE!! Let us decide!

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
something you have to remember about ebay is that eBay is not a store the way Chanel is a store. they are merely a listing service. like the landlord of a marketplace-store, but they don't manage the actual store. so you have zillions of different merchants there, some of them good, some of them bad. you have to be very particular about which exact sellers you are buying from, as opposed to searching the term and picking up an item from any random seller. every time you have a good experience with a particular seller, jot it down, subscribe to their store. and next time you look for items, check these subscribed stores first, or message them for reccommendations. be careful, esp. when it comes to luxury items. i hope this helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics