• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.suitsupply.com

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen these retailing stateside, but some interesting suits and some (ahem ) VERY interesting marketing concepts!

http://www.suitsupply.co.uk/

Stromen

Reaction score
It's a Dutch company, but now also with stores in Belgium and the UK.

Their RTW looks nice, especially for this price. Nice fabrics, but fused, as you would expect at 400 dollar. Currently produced in the Far East. MTM is also available. A low level (China made) line and an Italian line. The latter was/is from the Scuderi factory.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suits look great for the price, but something is telling me it's too good to be true.

ccffm1

Reaction score
As an aside, I passed their Vigo Street shop last week and, although I was really interested about the quality of their merchandise, I could not bring myself to enter. It was gapingly empty, the salesmen seemed to be bored stiff and starving for a sale. It would have felt like in an arena full of lions. I hope this was a false first impression and doesn´t reflect the general state they are in, because the shop seemed decent and the suits might be a nice alternative to H&M et al.

Stromen

Reaction score
On the quality: much better than H&M. I dare to say that they deliver the best value for money in their class. Especially the unconstructed jackets and overcoats are quite good.
One thing on the negative site: the closing button on the suits are most of the times positioned too high up the jacket.

But again, for the price you won't find better.

Reaction score
They're opening a store in the new London Westfield mall later this year.

I've heard some good things about them, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen and touched their suits myself.

Lord Gladstone

Reaction score
Gents,

I have to agree with Stromen. SS is best value for your money, way better than H&M or Zara could ever offer. I have multiple mtm suits and some rtw shirts from SS and they are just great!

When chosing for made to measure (they call it cut to the bone
plain.gif
) one can naturally ask for a lower jacket button.

Carpe noctem,
Lord Gladstone

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
The website is well built and easy to navigate. It could use more information on the design, fit and quality of the clothing.

Originally Posted by Stromen
Their RTW looks nice, especially for this price. Nice fabrics, but fused, as you would expect at 400 dollar. Currently produced in the Far East. MTM is also available. A low level (China made) line and an Italian line. The latter was/is from the Scuderi factory.

Do you know if the Italian line is fused as well?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hadamulletonce
The website is well built and easy to navigate. It could use more information on the design, fit and quality of the clothing.

I was very impressed by the website from a style and technical standpoint.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
A short search would have uncovered some info ...
http://www.styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=2667532
Quite some dutch Sf'ers use them.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=suitsupply
With a mentioning of a times article.

HTH
Speed

Oh my god!!! Are you telling me that if I had done a "short search" I could have found a posting from seven months ago that had FOUR responses?!?!?!?! I feel such shame...SHAME I tell you for starting this superfluous thread!!!

Let's see if I can redeem myself by starting a "What is a good interview suit" or "Are black suits acceptable for business" thread...

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Oh my god!!! Are you telling me that if I had done a "short search" I could have found a posting from seven months ago that had FOUR responses?!?!?!?! I feel such shame...SHAME I tell you for starting this superfluous thread!!!
Did i say you should feel ashamed? Just merely pointing to a few other threads ... How you feel about it is your own decision IMHO. I personally prefer to elaborate on existing threads or reference older posts. To keep the relevant information together, hence my post. But that is just me.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stromen

My Suitsupply suits are not fused construction. Though admittedly I don't have any of their standard RTW wool suits, I recall reading they are fully canvassed too - the founder of the company has an affected habit of grabbing a suit during interviews with journalists and ripping the lining out to show off this fact.

Originally Posted by Lord Gladstone
Gents,

I have to agree with Stromen. SS is best value for your money, way better than H&M or Zara could ever offer. I have multiple mtm suits and some rtw shirts from SS and they are just great!

When chosing for made to measure (they call it cut to the bone
plain.gif
) one can naturally ask for a lower jacket button.

Carpe noctem,
Lord Gladstone

+1. I have ordered my suits and odd jackets with a lower button stance and it's much nicer. Suitsupply is several leagues above H&M imho (not that H&M don't make great stuff for the price - they do). I've also switched to them for MTM shirts recently and am delighted with the product - though, unlike their MTM suits, the shirts are not significantly cheaper than the competition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads