1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.shopthefinest.com - affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

I gotta vouch for Ian also. On my recent trip I had a layover in LA and Ian was extremely courteous to pick me up from the airport to show me his warehouse. I stayed for a few hours and purchased 2 trousers. I am sure it wasnt his biggest sale ever but he treated me like an extremely valued customer. I was so impressed with him and his staff. I doubt anyone would ever say or think of having an attitude where they couldnt be bothered to move product.

I also feel like airing out your experience like that is inappropriate. Should have taken to a PM or email instead. Just my .02

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

i can vouch for that.

Ian sends me videos when I want to buy one pocket square for $50.

Customer service to 10000th power.

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

Ian's a great guy and runs a top notch business. Not too long ago there was a misunderstanding (due to my mistake) and Ian was very quick to rectify any issues, above and beyond what was expected. I have a very hard time believing he'd ever blow someone off.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Ian is great.

Firm - on pricing and on his values (when he feels he is being fair, which is fair as it is his business). Good customer service. You have to respect a person for that.

If he asked you to use his website to make the purchase, why not?

5. Wicky

Wicky Well-Known Member

Long time buyer from Europe here and I fully support the SF opinion on STF and its customer service. Upon my request Ian dug out the last cashmere Cesare Attolini scarf for me.

6. razl

razl Well-Known Member

I have to jump in here too. I've purchased from Ian a dozen times and have had too many a nitpicky request ("are you sure those measurements aren't off by .25?", "is the material really 30% linen and not 35%?") - the sort of stuff that's very important to me but most retailers can't be bothered with to make a single sale. Ian and company have always responded in a timely, professional, and happy-to-assist fashion.

Every. Single. Time.

To the point where I've felt bad bothering them but they are always, always, happy to assist.

I'll also note that while they list in many channels I always make a point to purchase on their store site to help them save a bit on costs. Keeping them in business keeps all of us happy.

7. azumi

azumi Well-Known Member

The Santoni monkstrap is the first item I've bought from STF, I concede that I didn't notice the note that the shoes have extra insoles, it's my mistake. I'm very pleased with the quality and the appearance of the shoes.

8. dufferin1

dufferin1 Well-Known Member

Just bought a gorgeous yet simple white Borrelli. Cheers!

9. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Cross post from Recent Purchases - but just received it the other day and it's fantastic. A great summer shirt:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  10. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this thread, but I recently bought some shirts from Shop The Finest, and I'm very happy with everything with them. I sent to them a tons of emails because of my doubts about the fit. They always answered me as fast as they can and always very respectful. When finally I decided, I was scared because of the shipping, my sister was going to be in Vegas, she was goign to arrive on friday and leave on monday, so I didn't know if the shirts could make it on time. I asked them if this can be possible and they take care of it. When my sister arrived, the shirts were already there. [​IMG]

I must say that they have a loyal customer in here, I will be glad to keep shopping with them. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Billton

Billton Member

Has anyone had anything shipped to Canada? Customs and Duty? Some shippers I've experienced seem to be able to pass right through. I'd appreciate any experienced advice.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

love the light blue barba. how much was that?

13. Betelgeuse

Thanks! I think it was $139.00, I don't remember well.

14. dufferin1

dufferin1 Well-Known Member

Ian is great. My shirt got to Toronto in like 5 days.

Best of all : NO customs, no duty. Ian is a beauty, and STF is the best. I also orded a pair of Sutors last summer and no customs/duty.

15. Billton

Billton Member

Excellent. If the item is still there in a day or two I'll snap it up and post my experience for any future Canadians amongst us when it arrives.

16. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to take a Barba from STF off my hands? New & awesome!

17. Betelgeuse

Deets?

18. Billton

Billton Member

Okay! they arrived, fit well, are beautiful, and no problems with duty or customs. You may add me to the list of satisfied customers.

19. pendragon

pendragon Well-Known Member

Visited the STF warehouse the other day looking for a birthday present for a friend. (Of course, I wound up buying a suit for myself, 'cause that's what SF does for you...) Hadn't been since he was in Venice. It really is worth a trip if you are visiting LA. Kind of like the top floor of Nieman Marcus, but at wholesale.

And iff anyone needs a proxy, I'll be happy to provide the service. My fee will be a very moderately priced trinket off their shelves...

20. Betelgeuse

What is a proxy?