1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.shopthefinest.com - affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. saint

saint Senior member

Is that the cashmere? I bought the dark gray wool parka in 44. Hoping it fits over layers as 42 is really a better fit for me. Either in wool or cashmere the parka is sweet and the fur just adds to the awesome.

2. Wicky

Wicky Senior member

Was up there but gone in 60 seconds.........

3. lexmann

lexmann Senior member

Won't be surprised as the price was $399. It's just insane.

4. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  5. emc894

emc894 Senior member

I'm sure I am alone in this thinking but, although those jackets are gorgeous, I would be much more likely to buy them if they were wool in favor of cashmere.

All my cashmere (and it is not a quality issue) but knitwear seems so fragile, and is so susceptible to piling that I don't get much wear out of it.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Of course it was.

Nah, wool. Cashmere at $749 is still priced well, but Ill take wool and fur at $419.

Shit! That was my backup if this didn't work :)

7. TheWorldsFinest

TheWorldsFinest Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hello,

This one we only have in size 38 US.

Best regards,

Ian
    http://www.ShopTheFinest.com

8. TheWorldsFinest

Hello,

The measurements are accurate. This item seems to be a "washed suede". That might account for it running a bit slimmer.

Best regards,

Ian

9. TheWorldsFinest

Hello,

Virtually everything has posted. A client in Korea "blocked" a big group on Friday, however he is trying to re-negotiate the price. I'm going to speak to eBay today about having him complete the sale, and/or having him removed from the Marketplace. It's really unfair to other clients who are serious about buying the items.

Thank you!

Ian

10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    [​IMG]

11. saint

saint Senior member

Got my parka yesterday, the wool is incredibly nice, I can't imagine what the cashmereis like, it must be amazing. The 44 fits great in the chest but is a little large in the waist and the skirting, a 42 would probably have been perfect, but might have limited layering options. Overall thei weight is a little heavier than most quilted jackets, so on very cold days a layer is probably necessary, in warmer climates this shouldn't be a problem. The fur is insane! Overall, this is a really nice jacket.

12. Send A Raven

Send A Raven Active Member

I bet the cashmere is amazing but wouldn't be the most durable of materials. I suppose it depends what it's used for and how often.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You got this one? I CANT WAIT!

[​IMG]

14. saint

saint Senior member

Yes, that's the one I got, but in the charcoal grey color. You are going to love it, its insanely nice. I paid the extra $6 to get mine expedited, got it in 3 days, well worth the nominal added expense.

15. SpooPoker

Thats great news. Is the wool soft like cashmere, or a bit coarser? looks fluffy.

16. saint

saint Senior member

Very soft, maybe not cashmere soft but close. Lots of nice details, interior pockets etc. it's a steal at the price.

17. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Saint, are these slim fitting? Thinking about getting a parka but not sure if the 46 is too big for me and I should have pounced on the 44 you got. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  18. saint

saint Senior member

Are you going to layer it? I wear a 42 in the slimmer Italian cut clothing and the chest on the 44 fits very well. The waist and skirting are kind of big, but not absurdly so. If I layer it and/or wear a muffler it should look fine. Ian allows returns so try the 46, jacket, it really is great and I like the color a lot, its extremely useful.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  19. TheWorldsFinest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Monk Straps by Sutor Mantellassi.

Wear These: Sutor Mantellassi Monk Straps

We have just received 100s of new Sutor Mantellassi shoes! We’ve selected 2 of our favorite pairs of monk straps to preview before they’re available at ShopTheFinest.com.

Please Contact Us to pre-order shoes.

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

People need to come to the 10th anniversary party bearing me gifts. This in the 50EU will do nicely:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.