Www.sartorialsolutions.com

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 28, 2004.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I finally got a chance to see Chuck's famous seven fold ties. Amazing, really amazing.. I took a few pics: New Como series. Note the self-tipping: [​IMG] New Como series. Note the self-loop, the saddle stitching and the handsewn bar tack: [​IMG] New Como series: [​IMG] Campagna series - a true, unlined seven fold. Note the different fold pattern: [​IMG] Campagna series - hand rolled and stitched hem: [​IMG] So, with the Como series, you get a self-tipped, self-looped, saddle-stitched seven fold tie with handsewn bar tacks. The saddle-stitch is a slip-stitch as well, which makes the tie a lot more resilient. Kiton is charging $200+ for these ties these days, and they aren't saddle-stitched or self tipped. The Campagna ties are true, unlined seven fold ties with the saddle/slip stitch, handsewn bar tacks, and hand rolled and sewn hem. The only other place you can get these is Talbott, where they are running $250+ The fabric is very high-quality, Â and both styles knot nicely. The Campagna's are not as thick so they make a smaller knot. At $89 for the Como's and $99 for the Campagna's, these ties are quite the deal. Well done Chuck and Jill. And angel [​IMG]

2. djkovner

djkovner Well-Known Member

Wow. These are some really beautiful ties. I can't believe I've never heard of Carlo Franco before. Thanks, A Harris for informing us of this great deal.

3. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I have no monetary interest in Carlo Franco, but have to admit that those are amazingly high quality ties. I own 4 (including the first red one) and they are by far the best neckties currently in my closet or that I have ever owned.  The customer service is first rate, too.

Bic Pentameter

4. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I, too, am the proud owner of four Carlo Franco ties - I recently picked up my first Borrelli 7-fold, and when Chuck's latest series of 7-folds went on sale, I immediately eBayed the Borrelli to clear some space - it just didn't compare, in my opinion. My favorite feature, besides the price, is the fabrics - I'd much rather have one of Chuck's wovens than any from one of the other makers, who seem to equate '7-fold construction' with 'boring/hideous pattern'. For those who are looking, Chuck's website is http://www.carlofranco.com - sartorialsolutions.com led to a placeholder, last time I checked.

5. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Yup, www.carlofranco.com Sartorialsolutions.com is just a repository of ebay pictures :) Thanks Andrew. Chuck

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Small disclaimer:

Kiton seven folds are $175.

Talbotts are $195.

And I plan to get ties from Jon (FIH) and Chuck (Carlo Franco) soon.

7. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Borrelli also makes the "true" seven-fold ties without a lining. I ordered two of them from Yoox but ended up returning both.

I am also planning to order my next tie from Carlo Franco after all of the rave reviews on here.

8. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I like the unlined 7-fold... in theory. There's certainly a sense of craftsmanship and tradition involved. In practice, though, I find they tie funny knots. [​IMG] All my CFs are of the 'Como' variety, and all the CFs I will get in future will be lined as well, I think.

9. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

And the award from innaccurate reporting goes to.... A Harris. [​IMG] Wrong website address. Sorry about that Chuck. Seriously though Steve, I was in Neimans a few weeks ago, and their Kitons are almost all $195-$225 at the moment. Darn that Euro...

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

FIH's first name is Jon? Really?

Jon.

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Well, Andrew, then I stand (unhappily) corrected. $195-225- that's a lot...

12. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

(Steve B. @ 28 Sep. 2004, 08:46) Small disclaimer: Kiton seven folds are $175. Talbotts are $195. And I plan to get ties from Jon (FIH) and Chuck (Carlo Franco) soon.
    FIH's first name is Jon? Really? Jon.
    Jonathan No "Same name" discounts though... At least not yet [​IMG] JJF

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(imageWIS @ 28 Sep. 2004, 3:46)
    Small disclaimer: Kiton seven folds are $175. Talbotts are $195. And I plan to get ties from Jon (FIH) and Chuck (Carlo Franco) soon.
    FIH's first name is Jon? Really? Jon.
    Jonathan No "Same name" discounts though... At least not yet [​IMG] JJF
    Actually my name is Jonathan (hence, Jon), and I wasn't looking for any discounts, except if you are feeling generous [​IMG] Jon.

14. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Ummm Andrew... Nice to blame the Euro on EVERYTHING (and trust me it does hurt) but just out of curiosity..what currency do you think Chuck and I use? [​IMG] JJF

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Jon: Maybe you oughta run a NYT special, or one for Halloween... Only good on orange and/or black ties. [​IMG]