• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

dls160

Reaction score

This is my favorite one of the lot...

Please tell me that you are getting this one in a 41/42L?

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I understand the tapered bottoms bit. I was just worried that you also had to slim the waist a bit to keep a balanced look of the trousers. 

When I saw a more athletic fit, I mean bigger in the shoulders, bigger in the chest, smaller waist and hips that are slightly bigger than the waist. In the Classico II model, I am a 42R in the jacket, 34 in the trousers (I should be a 32 in the trousers, but it would be too small in the seat and thigh when I sit down). I should take in 4 inches in the waist of the jacket (42R has a 42'', but I could likely cut it down to 38''), but it'll throw the entire balance of the suit. I just leave the waist. 

I don't know how many of your customers actually suffer from the same problem that I do, so perhaps it doesn't make sense for your to build an athletic fit suit. 

I really wanted the navy plaid suit, but without the trouser swap, I don't think I can fit a 36 in the trousers. 

I think it's guys like you who make average joe's like myself look bad - I need to hit the gym!

Hopefully we can cut extra trousers for the fancies we plan on cutting this fall. Will keep you posted.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Please tell me that you are getting this one in a 41/42L?

Sorry looks like someone beat you to it. If it comes back for any particular reason we'll let you know.

wsupjs

Reaction score
Any potential for a midnight blue tuxedo with a black shawl collar?

thisfits

Reaction score

I hear the calls for 9cm lapels and will produce some Bella Spalla jackets with the 9 in the next round.

By the way do I hear any requests for navy cashmere blazers? And based on the current Bella Spalla fit, we may try made to order - anyone game for that?

Yes and yes!

What would MTO let us specify? Just the fabric?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes and yes!

What would MTO let us specify? Just the fabric?

Just fabric - not customisation - it would come in our current fit/model "Paolo", although with the 9cm lapel I'll be giving it a different name.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any potential for a midnight blue tuxedo with a black shawl collar?

Thought of doing midnight blue, but haven't come across a good fabric for it. We'll see.

dls160

Reaction score

Sorry looks like someone beat you to it. If it comes back for any particular reason we'll let you know.

Well sh*t! The navy plaid suit and that one were my favorite. You need to add that fabric to the MTO book. Will definitely order it with a 9 or 9.5cm lapel.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well sh*t! The navy plaid suit and that one were my favorite. You need to add that fabric to the MTO book. Will definitely order it with a 9 or 9.5cm lapel.

Don't worry - we plan on offering some great and interesting selections in a few more months!

scatterbrain

Reaction score
One suggestion - on the next round of Bella Spalla, would you consider not having the pre-sewn sleeve buttonhole outlines? Either that or moving the buttonhole stitching up an inch (which might be too high on many people)?

I have short t-rex arms. I need to shorten a size 42r by 2" in the sleeves. I'm not even sure that's possible in the current batch - to get to 24.5" - and I don't trust a tailor to shorten from the shoulder when the neopolitan shoulder is one of the strongest selling points.

Can you confirm how much the sleeves can be shortened?

Also, are you going to do any more purple line jackets?

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score
I hear the calls for 9cm lapels and will produce some Bella Spalla jackets with the 9 in the next round.

By the way do I hear any requests for navy cashmere blazers? And based on the current Bella Spalla fit, we may try made to order - anyone game for that?

The two Benjamin purple line jackets I have (cashmere blend and pure cashmere) are amazing. They make me want more of this super-comfortable cashmere. They are definitely warm, though. I probably won't be able to wear them again until November.

I'm moving more towards trying to obtain year-round jackets. I have four jackets that are just for winter, and they take up a ton of closet space but are not being worn for 6 months of the year. As tempting as pure cashmere is, I wouldn't buy more unless it's a cashmere blend that can be worn year round.

Speaking of which, could this be worn in 80 degree heat? I'm assuming not, because it's 300 grams and a cashmere blend. But I'm hoping you'll tell me I'm wrong because it's unlined and an open weave, or something like that.

Made to order would be smart. No risk of overstock. Customer knows they can get the size they want. I think your customer base knows your product well enough and trusts you enough to wait 9-10 weeks for a suit/jacket. In fact, it might help you retain customers. There was a time when I wanted to buy a suit and you did not have stock in the right colour. Now that you're restocked, I'm not buying suits for a while because I stocked up elsewhere...

Last edited:

tm42

Reaction score
After reading so many positive reviews of your product I am about to pull the trigger on your Benjamin Sartorial Suit in a 39/40 but am concerned about the sizing. I am generally a 40 Regular but don't have anything to measure off of to compare to. A samuelsohn 40 reg fits almost spot on, just need a little taken in but that would be a reference. I would order the 40 and 42 and return one but don't want to pay for the shipping if I don't have to.
Thanks for your suggestions.

tm42

Reaction score
After reading so many positive reviews of your product I am about to pull the trigger on your Benjamin Sartorial Suit in a 39/40 but am concerned about the sizing. I am generally a 40 Regular but don't have anything to measure off of to compare to. A samuelsohn 40 reg fits almost spot on, just need a little taken in but that would be a reference. I would order the 40 and 42 and return one but don't want to pay for the shipping if I don't have to.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahh yes those are the two I got
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads