• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Not sure, but I found the post by ehaberdasher where he says Mastai is made by a conglomerate called SAITT:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/323768/mastai-ferretti-vs-corneliani-shirts#post_5909409

Also, on the Benjamin shirts you can tell the fit by the model number.
Model: Tropea B115 is the slim fit
Model: Tropea B102 is the regular fit

These are listed under Details for each shirt.

Yes - we probably should make this more clear on the site, although I believe there are currently only 3 fabrics in the fuller B102 fit.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm 5'8", so I'm not exactly huge. Honestly, the tails are the one thing that keep me from wearing that shirt. I wear my other Benjamin shirt (medium fit?) a lot, but rarely the other one, and then only as a casual, untucked shirt.

I suppose they could be 1" longer in the length of the body, but I'm 5'10" and don't have too much of an issue with them coming untucked all the time - I do have to retuck every so often, but the other thing is so many men wear shirts untucked as well and I thought it was a good in-between length.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am a budget shopper by SF standards. I have recently received several Benjamin items and feel the need to comment here.

Benjamin is the best value I have found for suits and ties anywhere - hands down. I received 5 different Benjamin ties for christmas, and I found the materials to be top notch. 

I recently purchased a Benjamin suit from the buy and sell section of SF. I am absolutely amazed at the quality for this price. When people say that they compare to suits that sell for hundreds (or even thousands) more, they aren't lying. 

Next, I want to try their shirts. Based on everything else I own so far, I have very high expectations.

Thank you for the very nice post!

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the renewed shirt talks, is there any plan to offer shirts with longer sleeves? My monkey arms preclude benjamin shirt buying, so far.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

With the renewed shirt talks, is there any plan to offer shirts with longer sleeves? My monkey arms preclude benjamin shirt buying, so far.

I hate to say it, but it is extremely unlikely... what size shirt collar/sleeve do you wear?

djmarty2002

Reaction score
Hello,

I just ordered a 41/42R Benjamin Lucente Black Suit and I think the shoulders fit just right but the chest is an inch too small. Do we think my tailor can let out an inch or so or should I return it and get the next size up. My fear there is that the shoulders will end up being too big.

Any advice?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hello,

I just ordered a 41/42R Benjamin Lucente Black Suit and I think the shoulders fit just right but the chest is an inch too small.  Do we think my tailor can let out an inch or so or should I return it and get the next size up.  My fear there is that the shoulders will end up being too big.

Any advice?

Tough one. Usually the chest cannot be messed with, at least not by much. Best to consult your tailor, but I'm thinking it may have to come back and not sure the next size up would be a good solution either... but ask your tailor first. The armhole can be eased slightly... but not a whole lot to let out in the chest itself.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A sampling of new additions to the site, including Corneliani ties, Battisti scarves, pocket squares and ties.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By the way, all of the depicted above will be available on our UK site in the next few days... just in beta but hope to have a soft launch by the end of next week if not sooner.

zerostyle

Reaction score
What's the word on the blazers? I've been watching for what feels like a year now!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's the word on the blazers? I've been watching for what feels like a year now!

No word yet... edged out of the factory that was going to make my jackets by Giorgio Armani... tough to compete against GA!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That being said I'm going to the other factory where the suits have been made, but they are also always giving me the runaround. Not sure they can reliably make the Napoli soft shoulder model either... :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics