www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. stifler

stifler Senior member

Any Benjamin shirts coming in a 14.5 neck? I've heard great things about those shirts.

2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We're going to cut some next time around!

3. poiboy005

poiboy005 New Member

Aloha,

I'm new to the forum, but wanted to purchase this suit for my wedding. I've seen the great reviews for this suit on the forum, and was very interested.

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-13039/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--39S-fdsh-40S/Detail

I usually wear a 38 or 40s, so I figured this would be perfect. The only thing that concerns me is the shoulder measurements. At 17.85"', this suit is the most narrow 40s suit in the shoulder that I could find. It is actually narrower than most 38s. Is this measurement correct?

I do not have overly wide shoulders, but I would say I am above average. I'm 5'6" 150 pounds. Any advice or help regarding fit would be great.

Thanks!

4. eHaberdasher

Hello and thanks for the post/inquiry.

The shoulders of the Benjamin suits really aren't very narrow - they're just more fitted and don't have much shoulder padding, which probably helps explain why the measurement is smaller than what you might be used to seeing. The Benjamin suits are relatively fitted and have higher/smaller armholes.

Hope that helps.

5. newintown23

newintown23 Senior member

when do you expect some 42R coming in? Im a big fan of RLBL... That being said, what new lines that you have coming out will resemble that slim fitting style?

6. eHaberdasher

Not expecting any more RLBL any time soon - we happened to get a random shipment a while back. Some people compare the Benjamin suits to RLBL - but I would say their not quite as shapely as RLBL.

7. eHaberdasher

8. newintown23

newintown23 Senior member

Ben,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, but that is actually what I was referring to, the Ben suits... I know you have discontinued a few lines or styles.. Whichever you want to call it. Which new lines/styles are coming out that will also have a slim RLBL like silhouette?
    Im in 42R and I already own a solid navy from the ben line... Looking to pick up a couple more. :)

9. surf2japan

surf2japan Member

What is the difference between the Benjamin Sartorial and Lucente fits? I'm 6'2" 190lb & wear a 41/42L. I normally need a more slim fit to work for me (wide shoulders but smaller chest and waist). So far the best fitting suit on me has been a BB Milano.

These will be my first 2 suits (want a charcoal and navy) that I will be wearing daily for a new job that I start this August. Since the timeframe is still a ways out I can wait on purchasing the suits if the Lucente would be a better match for me and are still coming in. Your feedback would be appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  10. stifler

stifler Senior member

anyone know how slim the Benjamin shirts are? comparable to Brooks Brothers ESF?

11. eHaberdasher

I'm not sure which solid navy suit you already picked up, but the Maestro is discontinued - Lucente is discontinued - Granoro is being updated with a tighter collar and a slightly fuller pant. Hopefully we'll be getting those in a few weeks. Then we'll be offering special fabrics - sort of limited editions - soon after.

12. eHaberdasher

THey're all Benjamin Sartorial Collection - the different models are Maestro (now discontinued), Lucente, and Granoro. The Lucente and Granoro are essentially the same body, but the Granoro has a lower button stance and is slightly shorter in length by about 1cm. Trousers are the same. At 6'2" you can probably wear either.

13. eHaberdasher

Don't know about BB ESF (don't even know what ESF stands for), but we posted measurements for you to compare at least!

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Extra slim fit. It's difficult to compare because the BB has a gigantic box pleat and a totally different cut. In terms of body the Benjamin shirts are slimmer.

15. eHaberdasher

Extra slim fit has a box pleat?!?