1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. razl

razl Senior member

I'm probably an anomaly since I'm located in tropical Florida where our "winter" equals the rest of the countries' Fall + humidity, but I want half-lined. The extra breath'ability is almost a requirement. In my experience, the lining matters here too; good quality silk or cupro bemberg tend to breathe better with full linings than other stuff (it's sad what I've seen some otherwise nice pieces lined with - poly, really?).

I think what I'm saying is 1/2 lined for me is preferred, but full lining is OK too if it's still nice and breathable; anything that traps heat is a no-no here even for winter stuff. And, now that I think about it, if you're really trying to stay warm in your dress jacket up north, you should probably be adding an overcoat instead. End ramble.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

Ben,

Ok when you say that you are just going ahead and cutting do you mean that you are just going ahead and ordering a batch of the sport coats and suits instead of taking pre-orders? And if so have you already made that batch order? Also when you say that you can only order 8-12 pieces do you mean that you can only get 8-12 pieces per size or total over all sizes and do you mean that you can only get 8-12 pieces per batch order or total and then you can't get any more pieces in ever in the future? If that's the case PLEASE get in sizes of 40L's in. I will buy them up in a hurry!

3. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Voting for half-lined.

FWIW, I'm happy with the Classico. I understand it didn't work out for some people, but I don't get the sense that most people had fit issues, only a select few who knew they could offer feedback here.

4. z341

z341 Member

Yeah I think the reason for the bowing was my abnormal posture when standing in front of the camera, drawing my shoulders too far back to try and get a straight picture, not that it's too tight in the chest. I think I have an odd posture anyway which brings my neck forward too far compared with my back which causes ripples and space between my shoulders and the middle space of the suit.
    Had the back pulled in a little, sleeves shortened and the paints tapered (yeah there is some asymmetry in the folds in the back, eh cheap tailors..).. Loving the suit now,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

, need a charcoal 38L in granoro, any production plans??

5. azumi

azumi Senior member

Hello z341
    Which model of the suit that you were dressing in the photos? Is it Lucente or Classico?

6. z341

z341 Member

7. z341

z341 Member

8. zizou

zizou Well-Known Member

ben, will you have any pinstripes in the classico model like you did with the lucentes?

9. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Any idea when you expect a restock of the Navy Classico in 43/44R? I'll be picking up my classico tomorrow from my tailor. Quite impressed with the fit so I'd love to start expanding my collection!

10. azumi

azumi Senior member

Hello Ben.
    Could you please finish the cuff (non-working cuff) when I order your sartorial suit online? I cannot trust any tailors in my country because they cannot make handmade nice stitch at the cuffs.

11. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sorry for the delay in response...

Did not take pre-orders... did order a few 40L's. When I say only order 8-12 pieces that is in TOTAL across a few different sizes.

12. eHaberdasher

Haven't gone fabric hunting in a bit, but yes we do plan to offer some pinstripes in the future - not in the near future though.

13. eHaberdasher

No plan on a re-order of the Classico any time soon in navy 43/44R as we have several in the Granoro and they are virtually identical. Have you tried the Granoro? Probably worth a shot if you like the Classico.

14. eHaberdasher

Yes, we can do this for you no problem. But all it is is having the buttons sewn on - are you sure you wouldn't want to first make sure the sleeves do not need to be adjusted (shortened or lengthened) before having a tailor or seamstress sew on the buttons since you're not going to have them made functional?

15. Mr. Caber

Mr. Caber Senior member

Has anyone had issues with the cut of the Classico trousers? I found the Maestro pants (size 38) to be slightly too snug in the seat, but the legs were fine. I recently had to return a pair of size 40 Classicos because, while the seat was fine, they were FAR too tight in the thighs - even slimmer than my (size 38) J. Crew Ludlow trousers. Are they supposed to be so skinny, or did I get a mislabeled pair of pants?

16. eHaberdasher

I'll let others weigh in, but from our standpoint, while the Classico trousers are slim, we don't find them to be nearly as slim as some of the Italian brands like Borrelli or the European Incotex lines. I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.

17. eHaberdasher

Separate question: How many of you guys out there would be interested in a Benjamin 34R or 34S suit? I ask because I've received two inquires in the past month requesting this size. Even if you were one of the guys who asked, please weigh in so I can get a sense of demand...

18. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

I likewise found the size 32 Classico trousers a bit too tight in the thighs, and so exchanged for a 34. I'm kind of a big-thighed guy, though.

I own a pair of Incotex trousers in 32, and offhand I'd say the Classicos seemed a touch slimmer in the thighs.

19. eHaberdasher

Thanks for weighing in. Are your Incotex that you're comparing to made for the US market (with US sizing) or European market/sizing? Benjamin Classico model is definitely slimmer than the Incotex US...

20. Mr. Caber

Mr. Caber Senior member

So the Verdis are a fuller cut than the Classico? I wish I'd known that before I had two pairs of Maestros cut down from a 42 to a 38!

:censored:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012