1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sorry - yes posts quickly do get buried!

Napoli jackets are coming soon - not sure if I will offer fabrics and allow customers to order their size. If we go that route they will be online in the next 2 weeks or so, but then will need another 6-8 weeks for production. Classico suits are going to be restocked in the next week or two. The first shipment was air shipped and so we sold out of lots of the smaller sizes.

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

New dress shirts coming? I remember something you maybe restocking the Benjamin shirts; also new fabrics and a different factory?

3. bimsalabim

bimsalabim Active Member

Sorry, Ben--I meant the above questions. I should have quoted in the first place!

4. Barium

Barium Member

Good to hear that the new SCs will be coming soon. As to a soft shoulder suit, I'd be interested in that (navy, I think), though probably not this year; I want one of those SCs (which will likely consume the rest of my clothing budget for the year).

5. eHaberdasher

Sorry! OK answers in bold:

Do you sell suit separates, or work with customers that might need a jacket of one size and trousers of another?

No, but for most (solids - black, navy, charcoal, medium grey) we can switch the trousers out but please ask first because it depends on stock on hand.

As a general rule of thumb, do you suggest choosing trousers that fit better in the seat (where the rise is a too big) or fit better in terms of rise (where the seat might need to be let out)?

It really depends, but in general I would say better to let out the seat and leave the rise.

Do you take preorders on solid Classico suits?

Still undecided on the special fabrics whether we will do pre-orders... need to work out some legistics with the factory. But as for the solid basics we should be getting more in the next week or two. What size do you wear/need?

6. eHaberdasher

Yes - actually getting samples from yet another factory from my trip to Italy two weeks ago. I will keep you all posted.

7. fbgm4l

fbgm4l Member

Do the Classico suit jackets have extra material to let out?

8. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Ok, here's my contribution (first time posting fit pics so be gentle - it's harder than it looks!)

36R Navy Classico and 36S Mid Grey Classico.

Apologies for the end of day pics and also for the horrible knot on the tie and the messy collar on the mid grey pictures.

The navy suit has been to the tailor and had the sleeves and jacket shortened. It also had the waist suppressed a tiny bit but in hindsight this probably wasn't required.
    The grey suit has only had the one of the sleeves lengthened as apparently I have one arm longer than the other.....who knew?

When I was picking these up from the tailor (some old polish gent) he was having a discussion with another gent who apparently runs some MTM outfit. They both commented very positively on the quality of the construction, material and overall fit. The MTM gent was pretty shocked when I told him how much I paid for them. Ben - I think that reflects pretty well on the overall product, especially given the price point. Anyway, enough chatter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. OldManMachine

OldManMachine Well-Known Member

@ Spandexter, may I ask how come you purchased the navy in 36R but the gray in 36S?

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Spandexter: you've got the collar gap issue on the navy suit, but the mid-grey one looks like a great fit. I like the length on the mid-grey one much better. Congrats!

11. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Quite simply I was tossing up which way to go as I felt I was in the middle and chose wrong in the first instance.

12. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

I might have to take a close up of the navy one next time I wear it as I'm not sure you can really tell from the pictures and the bright white shirt. I actually thought if I had it anywhere it was on the grey one.....hmmm.

13. MrTransistor

MrTransistor Member

@Spandexter - may I ask what your height / weight / actual chest measurements are?

14. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Clocking in at a massive:

Height: 173cms/5ft8
    Weight: 65kgs/143lbs
    Chest: 37"

I do go to the gym and lift so I do have some shape.

Hope that helps.

15. OldManMachine

OldManMachine Well-Known Member

What shoes are those [​IMG]

16. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Carmina brown punched captoe oxford on the simpson last.

17. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I see it in the navy one, which also has the exact same problem of the top button being off-center. Not sure if there is a cause/effect between the two, but I have seen both in the more noticeable collar gap instances. My point, though, was not to disparage the navy suit, but to point out how well the grey suit appears to fit you. It looks like future Benjamin suits in a 36S is a good option for you.

18. bimsalabim

bimsalabim Active Member

Thanks, Ben.

I would like a Dark Navy Classico in 43/44R. If we could arrange a "pre-order," that would be great.

Last couple questions (for now at least):
    • How much can a typical pair of Benjamin trousers be let out at the waist?
    • Who should I contact if I need to ask to swap out trousers of one size for another?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  19. MrTransistor

MrTransistor Member

Hah, thanks. I'm an even lankier 5'9.5" / 135lbs and was curious if a Short jacket would work better (probably not in my case.)

20. eHaberdasher

I'm sorry but I can't see the top button being off-center... can anyone else? I'm not even sure it's possible to tell at all?