• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

+1, and a peaked lapel single-button jacket too. This has gotten surprisingly tough to find among all the notched lapel two-button jackets out there.

Yes will definitely be peak lapel single-button. Will have side vents - I know I know that's not traditional, but guess what - I like 'em and if you don't you can always have the tailor sew them shut - can't do opposite way around (unvented and then put in vents). Looking for grosgrain too.

zerostyle

Reaction score
If you're still taking input, I'd love to see 2 variations of the blazer:

1. More formal / professional - $300-$400 range

Soft shoulders
Fully canvassed
notch lapel
2-buttons
normal button stance
rear side vents
NON functioning button cuffs (for purposes of tailoring)
NO extra patch pockets on the chest (or ticket pockets for that matter)
Brown horn or a dark/monotone style button - no brass/silver/nickel please

2. More casual - $250-$300 range

Same as above, but to make it more casual:
- very soft / completely unstructured shoulders. Narrower if possible as well !
- half canvassed if it brings the price down
- more color options - preferably standard navy + a lighter blue such as this: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydbxb2EjF1qeuobqo1_500.jpg

Not sure what else really makes a blazer casual - but I know I'm not a fan of the extra patch pockets.

Last edited:

dls160

Reaction score
I know that the new Benjamin sport coats and suits wont be in till April/May but I was wondering can you post some pictures of any mock-ups, swatches, prototypes, etc that you have of both to wet our appetites and so that we can see what is coming up?

zizou

Reaction score

Yes will definitely be peak lapel single-button. Will have side vents - I know I know that's not traditional, but guess what - I like 'em and if you don't you can always have the tailor sew them shut - can't do opposite way around (unvented and then put in vents). Looking for grosgrain too.

great to hear.

just wish it was available sooner since my wedding is 2 months away.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes solid navy but it's a wool/cash heavier weight... haven't yet decided whether to make it with traditional flapped/besom pockets or patch... vote? What do you guys think?
SOLID NAVY WOOL/CASH BLAZER WITH:
A. 3 PATCH POCKETS?
B. WELT CHEST AND 2 PATCH POCKETS?
C. WELT CHEST WITH FLAPPED BESOM POCKETS?
If I find a nice lighter weight wool I'd definitely do A or B... probably A though.

B. with Horn buttons.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If you're still taking input, I'd love to see 2 variations of the blazer:
1. More formal / professional - $300-$400 range
Soft shoulders
Fully canvassed
notch lapel
2-buttons
normal button stance
rear side vents
NON functioning button cuffs (for purposes of tailoring)
NO extra patch pockets on the chest (or ticket pockets for that matter)
Brown horn or a dark/monotone style button - no brass/silver/nickel please
2. More casual - $250-$300 range
Same as above, but to make it more casual:
- very soft / completely unstructured shoulders. Narrower if possible as well !
- half canvassed if it brings the price down
- more color options - preferably standard navy + a lighter blue such as this: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydbxb2EjF1qeuobqo1_500.jpg
Not sure what else really makes a blazer casual - but I know I'm not a fan of the extra patch pockets.

Thanks for your input. I can tell you for sure that we don't ever plan to produce a ready-made garment with functioning sleeve buttons so no worries there.

Don't know if we'll ever offer a completely unstructured jacket - we'll see though. Regarding half-canvassed garments... kinda goes against our dna unless it really is casual (big believer that full canvassed in tailored clothing makes a big difference)... we'll see but such a garment is not really on our radar to design/produce at this time, despite the immense popularity that such unconstructed casual blazers are seeing.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I know that the new Benjamin sport coats and suits wont be in till April/May but I was wondering can you post some pictures of any mock-ups, swatches, prototypes, etc that you have of both to wet our appetites and so that we can see what is coming up? 

Good idea - will post some fabrics maybe some time next week. Things are a little hectic here so we appreciate the patience as we've got lots going on:

1. Producing Benjamin line (suits, sport jackets, trousers, shirts, ties)
2. Looking for branded closeouts/inventory
3. Revamping website
4. Establishing European hub in the UK
5. General day-to-day business
6. Moving/consolidating business location
7. Checking in on SF!

I'm sure I'm missing a few things too.... oh yeah keeping a healthy marriage and being a dad to 3 kids!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

great to hear.
just wish it was available sooner since my wedding is 2 months away.

Congrats - when's the date and what size do you wear? I'm having some samples made and will make a small scale - maybe we can do something for you...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

B. with Horn buttons.

It's looking more and more like it's going to be B with potentially button options. I like MOP personally, but may offer option for horn and silver.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK here's another question:

We're very happy with the Granoro model and will stick with it moving forward. We are going to give the trousers a little extra room in the seat/hips though (just a smidge).

Otherwise, we do plan to introduce a (what you guys call) 3 roll 2.5 jacket with more natural shoulders, but any input on another style or two to offer? I just finished paging through Paul Stuart's PC online catalog, which of course is filled with single breasted peak lapel garments. I have one that I wear fairly often, and while I like it I question how practical (or impractical) that might be... thoughts or any other ideas/suggestions?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We're very happy with the Granoro model and will stick with it moving forward. We are going to give the trousers a little extra room in the seat/hips though (just a smidge).
Otherwise, we do plan to introduce a (what you guys call) 3 roll 2.5 jacket with more natural shoulders, but any input on another style or two to offer? I just finished paging through Paul Stuart's PC online catalog, which of course is filled with single breasted peak lapel garments. I have one that I wear fairly often, and while I like it I question how practical (or impractical) that might be... thoughts or any other ideas/suggestions?

I wouldn't do the peak lapels on a natural shouldered 3 roll 2. However, on a roped shoulder two button they would be great.

thisfits

Reaction score

Second vote for roped shoulder two button.

In fact, I'd love it if the shoulders could pretty much look like this.

That is, slight roping with a more aggressive slope than the current Granoro (though now that I look my fit pics in the Granoro, it's already fairly close to this).

3 roll 2.5 with natural shoulders sounds brilliant.

I wouldn't go with a single-breasted peak. And I say that as a guy who owns one as his staple navy suit (which I hope to replace with a Benjamin...).

dls160

Reaction score
With regard for other sport coat & suit ideas, I recommend that you should have both with peak lapels with pick stitching and the option to make the sleeve buttons functional bc all of my suits and sport coats have them. Also, both should have double vents because this allows for guys like myself with an athletic build of broad shoulders and a small waist to have both a suit jacket and a sport coat taken in on the chest/waist to give it a tapered look. And make sure the sport coats have all the extras like the Benjamin suits do like the flower loop under the left lapel, full canvas, pick stitching all over and a tapered look like in the Lucente fit of the Benjamin suits. And on the suits make sure it has the belt buckle loop which is awesome. Thanks for all the continued improvements and expanding the Benjamin clothing line. I have been burned in the past by purchasing other brands like Hart Schaffner Marx, Hickey Freeman, Brooks Brothers, etc. and the fit sucks and non were full canvas construction and WAY overpriced, and the quality of the material was nowhere near what Benjamin clothing is. I will only buy shirts, trousers, Sport Coats, & Suits from eHaberdasher from now on!

dls160

Reaction score
Oh eHaberdasher if you can develop a green cotton sport coat like the one pictured below for the upcoming fall/winter it would be great!

rjsphd

Reaction score

It's looking more and more like it's going to be B with potentially button options. I like MOP personally, but may offer option for horn and silver.

B in dark blue hopsack with MOP buttons would be something I would grab.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads