www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

?? Yet to list ?

2. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

So now that I've tried a Riviera, can you give us a sense of how the new natural-shoulder Benjamin sport coats are expected to fit in comparison to the Rivieras? I'm particularly interested in any differences in the shoulders, length, and button stance, but any other details would be great, too.

3. facet

facet Senior member

Wow, Switzerland, Italy... sounds like a nice lifestyle, Ben. :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

4. erk

erk Senior member

FWIW, I would prefer slightly slimmer fit in the waist, and slightly longer sleeves. I got two of the B115 fit in 16, I really like them. It is in the running as the best fitting OTR shirt for me.

I'm thinking about picking up the benjamin 39l/40l grey suit for an afternoon wedding I'll be attending in May. I've had my eye on it for a while but am wondering if I should hold off to see what the new line looks like.

5. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

NO - already listed. Referring to the cashmere plaid ones. I own two myself! They are a really trim fit though.

6. eHaberdasher

Not finalized... still working on it actually. Button stance will be similar - shoulders similar as well. Probably will have at least the lapel with hand made button hole, and then all other Benjamin details (full canvas construction, basted unfinished sleeves, inner passport pockets, etc.) but the FABRICS... oh the fabrics! Some sweet fabrics - just wait and see! I'm talking fabric that's normally $100+ a meter.

7. eHaberdasher

Trust me - seems and sounds MUCH more glamorous than it is in reality. Being in a car 4-5 hours a day for 5 days straight after sleeping 30 minutes on a red-eye flight from NYC... running into dead ends... discovering this manufacturer or that can't meet you where you need to be... being told the fabrics have arrives and driving 2 hours only to discover they're not there yet... etc. etc. Did meet Luciano Barbera's brother last week though - that was cool - elegance runs in the family for sure. Unfortunately not much in fabrics to buy - that was disappointing... but the old mill up in Biella was still neat to see and visit.

8. eHaberdasher

Thanks for your input. You're the second person to say that the sleeves could use a little more length. Maybe I'll try to give the sleeves an extra 1/2" next time. Probably won't be offering a new model in the same medium or charcoal gray suits... will be more of the same. The natural shoulder model will only be for sport jackets for the most part... suits will be the same or very similar model to current Granoro model. We'll be restocked in more of the basic navy and grays, and then we'll offer some super premium fabrics as well (180s, wool/vicuna, etc from Colombo and others).

9. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

I've been doing a lot of research on those Riviera sport coats and want the grey herringbone one but I'm 6'1" so I'm teetering between a Regular and a Long.  The Benjamin Lucente 41R/42R fits me perfectly so I'm wondering if the Riviera 42S/42R Sport coat would fit me or look too short/awkward.  Or if the new Benjamin sport coats will have a grey herringbone sport coat with pick stitching on the lapels?  Any feedback is welcome.

10. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Any update on when you're expecting to have the new sport coats in stock?

Also, I'm assuming you'll be carrying a standard solid blue--will any of them have patch pockets? Looking for a patch pocket navy blazer for my next purchase :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

This is a great idea. Would also be great if you had some unlined jackets. Any plans to do that?

12. deem

deem Senior member

Hey everyone, I want to get a new navy suit for around $500. I am a law student who is working at a small firm next summer, so I will be wearing the suit to meetings, depositions, and in court. Last fall I got a charcoal Thick as Thieves suit, and I really like it. However, I would like to try a different brand for my navy suit. I still want a slim fit, but nothing too slim since I will be wearing for legal meetings and to court. The Benjamin suit seems great, but will the Super 140s be able to hold up as a suit I wear once or twice a week? I don't know too much about super#'s, but from what I've read, I am unsure if that type of wool is the way to go. Thanks for any input.

13. eHaberdasher

At 6'1" it's almost definitely going to be too short for you. I'm 5'10" and it's a little too short on me for my tastes as it is... haven't picked out a nice grey herringbone yet, but who knows what I'll come across in our hunt for fabrics...

14. eHaberdasher

Yes solid navy but it's a wool/cash heavier weight... haven't yet decided whether to make it with traditional flapped/besom pockets or patch... vote? What do you guys think?

SOLID NAVY WOOL/CASH BLAZER WITH:

A. 3 PATCH POCKETS?

B. WELT CHEST AND 2 PATCH POCKETS?

C. WELT CHEST WITH FLAPPED BESOM POCKETS?

If I find a nice lighter weight wool I'd definitely do A or B... probably A though.

15. eHaberdasher

Maybe. Unfortunately lots of people don' understand half-lined, let alone unlined jackets... so probably not.