www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

Holy fast my shirts have been shipped! :bounce2:

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Can you let me know how you measure the shoulders? Similar to the way you'd measure a suit's shoulders? I want to pick up a few shirts and am trying to determine whether I need a 15 or 15.5.

Thanks!

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

any chance of benjamin shirts with french cuffs?

4. emc894

emc894 Senior member

Just ordered two blue shirts. If these fit well, old CEGO may lose some business for go-to work shirt.

5. emc894

emc894 Senior member

P.S. you should make another round of flat front wool pants. Those were fantastic office pants.

6. razl

razl Senior member

+1

I'm a slim and athletic, but my 15.5 shirts have 18.25-19 shoulders and 41-42 chests, this Benjamin batch are listed at 17.32 shoulder and a 43.7 chest (and that's with darts). The shoulders just seem too slim, especially when compared to the chest. Or, they're shooting for a very, very trim clientele. Which sucks for me because there's 4 or 5 that I really like!

7. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well, at $75, they're machine made - plastic buttons, essentially same quality as Mastai Feretti (same factory). Made in Romania - great shirts and I love the slimmer cut model (B115). I will have some photos taken of me wearing the 2 different body models and post them as soon as we get a chance. Will also post some other fit pics which may be helpful to some of you guys. These are great basic shirts at a great price. And while we're very happy with these, we're also working with another shirt factory and testing them out also - will keep you posted. I would say it's easily a $175 - $200 shirt retail. Fabrics are from Testa, Canclini, etc.

8. eHaberdasher

I'll try to get fit pic of me wearing one of the Riviera's soon too - I love it and and am doing one very similar for a future Benjamin model

9. eHaberdasher

On back side (buttons facing down on table with shirt laid flat). Tape measure straight across from far ends of each shoulder seam across the top. The measurements are actually provided by the factory. The B115 model is a slimmer fit - B102 is more forgiving, but not a big American cut. I'll post fit pics of me wearing both as soon as we get a chance. I love the B115 (trim with dual darts).

10. eHaberdasher

You know it

11. eHaberdasher

Maybe we'll do some basics with FC's, but we've found there isn't much demand in general. Are you British? We understand FC's are much more popular in the UK. Were you looking for basics or fancies?

12. eHaberdasher

Yes, we will - still modifying the trouser model - it's not as easy as it seems to fine tune the model of a pair of trousers.

13. eHaberdasher

You can try the B102 - only 2 or 3 of those though - we thought the trimmer B115 model was more in line with our customer preferences. Once again I'll post pics asap of me modeling the 2 different shirt bodies.

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I'm a huge fan. The back and chest needs to be taken in a touch as you can see in these pictures but I really love the knockdown (is that the right term?) shoulder.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Is this the midnight herringbone one in 38R/38S? I was eying that ... snooze you lose. :brick:

Looks fantastic on you.