www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

New Battisti ties are just regular 5 fold ties - the other Battisti ties are the specialty 7 folds and pearl-buttoned back with hidden pocket

2. hijo116

hijo116 New Member

this is probably written somewhere else (I couldn't find it), but could you tell us the difference between the lucente fit and the granoro? (for instance, button stance. how much lower is it?) also, what about the new suits coming out in feb/mar? are they the same as the granoro? what's the difference?

also, how short will the navy blazer be? and would the fit be close to the lucente/granoro model? or something quite different altogether? thanks

3. eHaberdasher

Lucente and Granoro are essentially the same body (shoulders and chest), but the Lucente has a longer skirt (only by about 1/4") and has a higher button stance (more modern/trendy). That's about the only difference. Suits in March/April will be very similar to Granoro, but jackets are going to be a new natural shoulder model and will have the shorter length like the Granoro - maybe even slightly shorter.

4. bacca

bacca New Member

Just got a Granoro in medium gray, and I was really impressed. Fit me like a glove right out of the box (which never happens on my off the rack suits). All I had to do was finish the sleeves and pant hem. Quality is comparable if not better than my Canali, Zegna, Armani and custom made suits. Any plans for a navy pinstripe in the next batch?

5. eHaberdasher

Glad to hear it, and welcome to the forum... we're flattered that this is your first post! :slayer:

6. facet

facet Senior member

Just thought I'd give some feedback and fit pics on the Riviera sport coats. I got mine last month and it's the best fitting OTR sport coat I've had to date. This is a pic after having the sleeves hemmed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back shot before I took it to the tailor. The right shoulder looks funny on the back shot as it bunched up a bit without me noticing; but it normally doesn't do that.
    [​IMG]

I haven't had too many opportunities to wear it due to the weather up here. But the few times that I have, I've really enjoyed how it wears and feels. On retrospect, I may need to shorten the sleeves a touch and I'm not sure if I want to bother bringing in the sides; but I'm pretty happy with it so far and will wear it a bit more before deciding.

7. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Looks really good. I like the shoulders. Is this an unstructured jacket or just a really soft shoulder?

Edit: nevermind. Checked out the details on the website.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

8. eHaberdasher

Nice! I should post pics of myself wearing mine... and just wait til you see the new Benjamins coming out later this spring! Sport jacket will be very similar in model/fit to Riviera!

Fabrics have been chosen - we're talking Colombo, Loro PIana and Zegna pure cashmere, sick sick fabrics. Suitings in Colombo 180s cashmere/vicuna and more... amazing but very limited quantity as we got our hands on bolt ends (some only 10 pcs up to 30 -35 pcs). Prices will be higher, though, but WELL WORTH IT!

9. sm31

sm31 Senior member

For the taller among us, are you going to be offering longs like you do with the suits?

10. andreiscv

andreiscv Active Member

I picked up a charcoal granoro suit not too long ago. Fit is great. I like the lower button stance as it helps build up my upper body since I have a proportionately short torso. Wish you had a blazer/sportcoat available in similar fit in size 36R.

11. HalfCanvas

HalfCanvas Senior member

I would really caution against making the coats "even slightly shorter." I'm only 5'10" and the Granoro is already much too short for me, unfortunately (not even 31" from the top of the collar). I would go with a long, but then I'd have to have the sleeves taken up a good 2". I'd actually encourage you to make the coats a touch longer -- 31.5" from top of the collar for a suit, and 31" from the top of the collar for a sportcoat are still very short lengths. You could even go 32" and 31.5", respectively. I'd be all over those new suits and sportcoats at that length.

12. eHaberdasher

Thanks for your feedback. I wonder if you are more of an anomaly, as I'm just over 5'10" and am perfectly pleased with the Benjamin Granoro model and actually prefer slightly shorter. The Riviera jackets are shorter than the Granoro model and I think it's right on - still covering the seat in full. If anything, the slightly longer (by only 1cm) Lucente model feels too long. In addition, we have several customers who had to switch from Regular to Short in the Lucente model... what brands do you normally wear and in what size?

13. eHaberdasher

Facet may I ask how tall are you and what size are you wearing?

14. facet

facet Senior member

I'm wearing a 38S and am 5'7"; the Riviera is the perfect length for me. For my Granoro, it would probably be better if it was about 0.5" shorter for a guy my height. If I remember correctly, the Riviera is roughly that much shorter.

15. erk

erk Senior member

I wonder the same, it sounds like his dimensions are "short legs/long torso".